Who are you guys?

by eyeswideopen 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• eyeswideopen
    eyeswideopen

How long have you guys been out of the truth and what family background of the truth do you guys have?

I 've read profiles and the comments and I wonder who was the newest to come out...?

Emmm what is the latest on the Generation theory?

Can someone explaine that one to me?

Thanks

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On this board you have a huge spectrum of people -- you have people that are still in like myself, you have serving elders, you have those that came out 1 month ago to some over 30 years ago- you have ex Bethel Elders on here as well as ex CO s etc , many pioneers -- and you do have many that have never been witnesses or have had ver ylittle contact -- it is a great board -- stay , welcome and enjoy getting to know us all -- I will let somebody else answer your generation question

• eyeswideopen
    eyeswideopen

Thanks...

I'm not out...but haven't been involved for awhile. Family history is rich! Bethel, City Servant, brothers are elders...pioneers...uncles of the anointed..so forth and so on...

I have been very sceptical lately and have opened my mouth at a few family functions and I really am feeling dumb...they have changed so much lately that I have no replies anymore to my family.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

EWO, most of us have our bios posted on our profiles...How 'bout yerself, huh?

Welcome to JWD.

BTW, I posted my first topic with the question "Are yall active JWs or what?" "What" was the majority response....so I guess we're "whats"...heheh

Cheers!

Frannie B

• eyeswideopen
    eyeswideopen

If anyone is still "IN"...be careful...they are in the process of doing "witchhunts" right now..and they are looking thru websites like this for people they know. Just had a 1st cousing DF'd along with her ministerial servant husband for "Apostacy"...

anyways just thought I would let you guys know

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

hey eyeswideopen, I'm still in. And I'm also getting this eerie feeling that they're out on a witchhunt as you say. There's the kingdom ministry last month I think, and the feb. issue of the wt.

• shera
    shera

Oh gezzzz.....the WTS is pathic.

I have been out for 11 yrs.There is no regret at all.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I was a 3rd-generation JW. Parents still in, but live hundreds of miles away. One of my two surviving grandparents is anactive JW, the other one is "inactive" in their terminology.

I've been out over 3 years myself.

As far as the "generation" teaching, they've dropped the idea that it is a "lifetime" or any period of time. They had to, the lifetime of people alive in 1914 is almost gone.

So now the "generation" is the evil group of people opposed to Jehovah Watchtower doctrine who fall when Armageddon comes. Whenever Armageddon comes, the generation is the people who don't survive Armageddon.

Is that perfectly clear? I didn't think so.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am out they kicked me out in 1987 cos I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914 Well now to those who are Witch hunting!!!!!Come & see me!!!! Grace Gough -You all know where I am since you sent elders to get me back in. I have the names of about 800. Who are wanting to leave the KINGDUM HELL!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This May I will be out 20 years -

20 wonderful years of

• getting an education
    • growing up
    • gaining my freedom
    • regaining my health and energy
    • developing hobbies I love
    • gaining myself

and 20 years of

• learning that everything I had been taught was really a lie