Who are you guys?

by eyeswideopen 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    Who are you guys?

We are The League of Extraordinary Apostates

I had to do that.

I snuck out like a Ninja and faded. I have been away for about five+ years. I moved 200 miles away, but am bored here in the middle of the upland desert. I'm trying to move back to Seattle.

What ever you do, good luck with it.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Eyeswideopen: here is my story, it's a long one, and make sure you have NOTHING to do for a little while.

http://mferguson76.com/jwlinks/storyray.html

The topic material, is not a crowd favourite, but what the hell, at least you can see a perspective that is not always shared, nor talked about much.

Since I've been away from the JWs, I can tell you this: I've never been happier.

I hope you will be too.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Eyeswideopen,

I'm still inside the Organization, in somewhat shady standing because I miss a lot meetings, turn in the lowest service possible, and other than immediate family really don't socialize with any of my so called 'brothers and sisters in the Truth religious organization'.

This is all part of a very slow lengthy fade. I really need to keep the lines of communications open with my nice parents and husband, so this is the way it must be for now.

DY

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, eyeswideopen.

"If anyone is still "IN"...be careful...they are in the process of doing "witchhunts" right now..and they are looking thru websites like this for people they know. Just had a 1st cousing DF'd along with her ministerial servant husband for "Apostacy"..."

Been there, done that!

What is the WTBTs afraid? Information.

LOL @ Darkuncle "The League of Extraordinary Apostates" love it!

I came to this board over 2 years ago while "exiting" the wtbts. Read Crisis of Conscience, etc and everything I could get my hands on. This board has been very theraputic for me, to connect with others who share similar experiences.

Life is a journey. Welcome to the rest of your life. It is for you decide what you are going to do with it.

Joy

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have been out for about 20 years. I am a former pioneer and ministerial servant. I came from a family of Elders, and pioneers, and we are all out and have rebuilt our lives. NO REGRETS.

This forum is made of International contributers and is supportive and encouraging in nature.

regards,

Frank

• Emma
    Emma

eyeswideopen,

Welcome to the board. I'm third generation, mom and sibs still in the borg. I became "inactive" about eight years ago and now realize that's a good way to fade. I lived with the guilt of hurting family and friends until I found this board and now realize I'm not the bad one. It's great to have this place to ask questions and sort things out. It's also affirming to find others here who have found real happiness after leaving.

Emma

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    be careful...they are in the process of doing "witchhunts" right now..and they are looking thru websites like this for people they know.

Bring 'em on! HEY WATCHTOWER DRONES!!!! You can SUCK MY ASS! I was never baptized so I can SHIT in your mouth and YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!! Mwahaaahaahaahaa!!!

Anyway, my situation. I was never baptized, but I studied for 13 years and got as far as "Unbaptized Publisher". I haven't attended a meeting for about 8 years now. My mother and my sister-in-law are JWs. I feel bad for my niece and nephew because my brother's a truck driver and has little control over what his dumb wife teaches the kids.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there's an article in the near future that states people don't have to be ex-jws to be apostates.

• eyeswideopen
    eyeswideopen

Thanks everyone.

As you ALL seem to know it is a long journey to get out and find happiness not guilt. I am glad that we have this site to be able to speak your mind freely...I am in that fine line situation...not in not out...just waiting to see if my mom will need me when she gets old...she deserves that...she did give birth to me...and raised JW but that was all she knew and she did a pretty good job considering what I have seen. So anyways...married a wonderful Englishman...have three beautiful girls and have some wonderful friends...who still can't understand the religion thing...because unless you've been in it you have no clue...but they love me anyway and stick with me.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to the site eyeswideopen. Sounds like you have a good life in spite of the fact you have the JW background. As mentioned, you will find a variety of members here, some still sort of in and some out. I don't think any of us doubt they read the sites for mention of who is doing what. One more way they use control (and reminds us of why most of us left).

Really most have their 'eyes open' here.. they should be worrying more about the ones who frequent other boards where they claim to be JWs and yet gossip and complaints against the elders, etc goes on. Those people are still in.. but could fall out..

• Azalo
    Azalo

my story is in my profile. have fun on your way out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit