How can elders say how Jehovah feels?

by Sour Grapes 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When we look at the total universe imagine a jar of sand. Just one grain of sand would be our galaxy so we may be able to see our earth with an electron microscope. With that in mind, it always made we cringe when at the meetings an elder would say "Jehovah has prepared a spiritual banquet for us tonight," or "It makes Jehovah happy that we made the effort to attend the meeting tonight." I always liked, "It makes Jehovah's heart rejoice when our youngster's comment." Who in the hell do the elders think they are to say what Jehovah feels? Oh, how it makes them feel so special.

Sour Grapes

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How can elders say how Jehovah feels?

Because..

The WBT$ told them how Jehovah feels..

God is lucky to be working..

God wouldn`t have a job without the WatchTower!..

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

In the beginning Man made God

Is it any wonder that He resembles us so?

:0)

• tepidpoultry
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If Jehobo really did prepare the meeting material, wouldn't it be the shit? I mean the absolutely most interesting, intriguing, blow your mind stuff? The best ever, right? He created the freaking universe, right people??

So why do I remember time slowing down to a crawl at each and every meeting? Its like those two hours expanded to five or six!! It was so boring, repetitive, and mind numbing!

Now I see the material and its even worse! Dumbed down to a third graders level. Whiteboard animations on how to go to the convention?? If he's actually behind this he's a damn ignorant God figure.

• waton
    waton

If he's actually behind this he's a damn ignorant God figure.

figure he is not. but if he is the cause of all this creation, it speaks for itself.

Attributing wt material to the creator is blasphemy, perhaps using a middle eastern "walker in the garden" minor deity, and a supposed holy name thereof is demeaning to.

Pretending to know "god's" mind is elevating the speaker or writer to be his psychiatrist. good luck with that in the long run.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Jehovah in the JW world is a back yard...... dog....a pet. He's penned in by WTBTS dogma. He's given a pat on the head then he is called to do the Societies bidding right down to the individual JWs. He helps them find their car keys or worse an interior leak, or thank you Jah.......... 20$ when you need it most.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

It's what I like to call "highly delusional confidence."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Jehovah has prepared a spiritual banquet for us tonight,"

...... You'll think it will be a sirloin steak cooked to perfection but it wont be, nevertheless we guarantee you'll leave full and satisfied.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The GB, CO, Elders are extremely arrogant!

Hypocritical

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit