How can elders say how Jehovah feels?

by Sour Grapes 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

One of my favorites for Jehovah's direct intervention would be the interviews at circuit assemblies, There would be a part of putting your trust in Jehovah. There would be a pioneer sister who needed $22.50 to fill her gas tank up so she could travel to the district convention so she prayed to god. And viola, the next day she gets her mail and she finds an envelope with cash in the amount of $22.50. Everyone breaks out in loud applause. Hallelujah! When always bugged me is she should have prayed for $45.00 because won't she need gas to get back home?

Then there are the endless stories of being in service and one was going to stop for the day but Jehovah encouraged him to take one more door and the householder took the magazines Now he is in my magazine route now. Praise god.

The Witlesses prayers are powerful. I wish they would pray that god would provide some food for the 20,000 people that die every day of starvation. Certainly, if Jehovah can produce $22.50 he could provide some food.

Sour Grapes

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

If Jehovah is not a human, he doesn't have human type feelings. Therefore I think we can safely deduce that any supposed feelings one attributes to the deity of one's choice to be merely a projection of one's own feelings and a assumption based on a childlike notion that a particular deity has feeling much like our own.

The bible's assumption that God created man in his image/likeness, is the opposite of what is true, more correctly it can be said that man created the idea of a Deity in man's image and likeness.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Elders say they how Jah feels because they have Jah's power ( holy spirit ) within themselves.

A wanting power that many men have said they've had from generation to past generations.

The only question remains is are you willing in acceptance of their self avowed proclamation ?

Strangely enough but out these men they all say contravening different things but still hold that Jah is guiding them through his holy spirit ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit