Warwick and transport to meetings

by berrygerry 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I would imagine that most Brooklyn Bethelites attended congo meetings via subway.

How do they manage transport from Warwick?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Bethel "gives" cars to some bethelites that don't have another way of going to meetings. They often carpool if several are going to the same area.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I believe they're going to have a real logistical problem, in that there are far too many Bethelites per capita to farm out to the limited number of local congregations within reasonable driving range.

• sir82
    sir82

There are plenty of Bethel boys who have wealthy parents who subsidize their Bethel experience.

In addition to hundreds of dollars of cash per month, they cover car, insurance, gasoline, etc.

Bethelites without such connections will just have to carpool.

I've never been a Bethelite, but based on stories I've heard, it seems that the positivity of one's experiences there often correlate directly to the amount of "extra income" flowing in from outside of Bethel.

• sir82
    sir82

I believe they're going to have a real logistical problem, in that there are far too many Bethelites per capita to farm out to the limited number of local congregations within reasonable driving range.

>Snarf<

"Reasonable driving range" directly correlates to how high up the food chain you are.

GB members, GB "helpers", and assorted toadies will flood the handful of nearby congregations.

Middle managers and Bethel boys with wealthy parents (who have the potential to contribute green handshakes to middle managers during their visits) will go to the 2nd ring of congregations.

Peons, the unconnected, and the unpopular will probably have 30, 40, or 50 mile one-way trips to their Kingdom Halls.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Haha - so you're presuming that the Bethelites at Warwick are actually being let out of the compound???

The Long Meadow Congregation (English)
    1 Kings Drive, Tuxedo Park NY 10987-5500
    Thursday at 7.00pm and Sunday at 10.00am

Otherwise there are about a dozen or so congregations within an approximate 15 mile radius - either car-share or maybe even Bethel minibus. I think it would be expected that the local congregations with Bethelites would contribute towards their travel costs from congregation funds.

But, yeah, moving out of the big city - Brooklyn (and in deed Mill Hill) - is probably not so cool for most Bethelites, congregation-wise.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It would make sense for them to conduct the meetings at Warwick and I fully expect them to do so in the future.

Why would they build a massive compound and not include a meeting hall.

With Big Brother now on screen they don't even need a hall.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Like sparrowdown, I am sure they will keep many "in the compound." Sure, they will send many out, but when there is no way to get them there or the congregations are saturated, many will be assigned to stay at the "Compound Congregation." That is a great congregation name.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

If their meetings, and territory, are 40, 50 miles away, can such Bethelites have any chance of meaningful field service?

many will be assigned to stay at the "Compound Congregation."

And where would these ones go in service?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    meaningful field service

Now that's a HUGE oxymoron.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit