my hair

by LukeN 36 Replies latest social family

• yxl1
    yxl1

Nos,

Nothing wrong with your hair, but you've got a little something on your top lip that needs wiping off....

Luke,

You need a haircut! You look like my sister-in-law...Man, I feel old!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Nothing wrong with your hair, but you've got a little something on your top lip that needs wiping off....

LOL! Actually, it's been gone for quite a while. I had that picture taken back in 1998 when I got Blue Oyster Cult's "Heaven Forbid" CD. You can see how happy I am :)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mullets rool, uk!!!

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

Can't see the pic, but if your parents are ok with it... go for it. I personaly keep my hair very spikey and wild.. sometimes half neat and combed, and the rest all messy and bizzar... pphf.. Elders-shemelders. They asked me to change, the even told my dad that he might not be a MS anymore if I keep syling my hair how I please... I asked them 'where does say that you can do that in your little green book?'. That one elder don't bother me much anymore. :-P

SC

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

LukeN, you're a real cutie! I think your hair looks fine, but I'm not your mom and a few good points have been made about following your parents' rules while you are dependent on them. You have a whole lifetime ahead of you to do exactly as you please, so it might be helpful to keep the peace now, while you're still a minor, and do as they wish.

And, as we point out to our kids, even when you're an adult you can't do everything you want -- there's rules everywhere -- but at least you get to pick and choose your situations a little more.

Hang in there!

Nina

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Not fair. Your hair looks better than mine!

It's the rules and regulations that keep the JW looking separate and apart from "the world". They are just trying to get you to conform. Parents should have the final say over their child's hair as far as minors.

I always say, it's whats inside the head that counts, not whats on the outside. You are here, so you obviously are also curious about many other issues.

/<

• codeblue
    codeblue

Hey Welcome!!!

You look like a happy teen and you have fantastic hair. I know many of us women would "die" for your hair.

But, when living under your parents roof, you must abide if you want to eat..lol...sorry...I had rules that I didn't like either. Maybe a compromise haircut...one that sorta pleases you and one that your parents can tolerate would be the answer here. Ask them if they can "work" with you on that, ok?

Nosferatu: You and our newbie could pass for brothers!!! Wow ...And Nos...you take a really great picture, you have a great smile and very warm eyes...Would love to see a pic of your waist length hair now!!!

Codeblue

• Smyler
    Smyler

Welcome to the board Luke!

I like your hair! But as others said, your parents make the rules! But the elders don't!

I perfer my hair really short, if not totally shaved off, but its too cold for that this time of year!

BTW, I'm 15, so I'm your age, and going thru a lot of the things you are. If you ever wanna talk or whatever, i got MSN Messenger, so just PM sometime with your email.

smyler

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Welcome to the board Luke.

Since you mentioned "brothers,sisters and others " I presume that your parent were not negative about your hair ?

If they don't object - don't change it.
    You have beautiful hair.
    I think that a lot of the complainers are just jealous.

• shera
    shera

Your hair is fine,I don't think God cares as long as it is kept clean.You look clean to me!

God gave us hair and 100's of yrs ago,I don't think it was kept short.Besides back then it had to been approved by God.Times change and so does style,but God doesn't change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit