my hair

by LukeN 36 Replies latest social family

• LukeN
    LukeN

lately ive been getting alot of negative comments from brothers,sisters and others about the length of my hair

i mean sure its long but theres nothing wrong about it. is there anything in the sciptures about hair length in men.

god its ridiculous when others try to put you down.

well you can judge for yourself.

• Sassy
    Sassy

sorry.. but I can't see any picture..

• LukeN
    LukeN

there.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Welcome Luke! You look like a young'un!!! Nothing wrong with the hair, it looks fine!!

• Huxley
    Huxley

It looks good! Sort of a young Dr Who thing goin.

Just keep it away from that drill press in the background!

Huxley

• La Capra
    La Capra

It's a pretty good start. You have lovely curls that don't frizz, you should enjoy them now. When you "grow up" you may end up having to look more professional for your job, then no one will get to see how beautiful your hair is. I was always a goner for the long haired boys when I was in high school and college. Well, I'm still a sucker for 'em, but not that I'm older and they're older, the partially balding longhaired men just look goofy (that's another thing, you may get bald one day. Enjoy it now!) Shoshana (P.S. backcombing it will make it "bigger" thus creating the illusion when you do comb it out that it's shorter than it was before!)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

KEEP GROWING IT!!! I have very much the same type of hair as you (and same color). Mine is down to the middle of my back and it looks absolutely fantastic! I also find it very much easier to style long than short.

When my hair was the length that yours was, I was quite frustrated with it. It would go all over the damn place and I cut it a few times when it reached that length. I finally gritted my teeth and let it grow. It finally has a good look to it.

I don't have a good pic of what my hair looks like now, but here's me when it was around that length:

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

LukeN,

Great shop.

Is that your girl friend in the forground?

Just kidding man. I'm 55 years old. I took a lot of heat from friends for growing a beard, while still an elder. I'm for freedom.

But then, your folks probably buy the groceries. Be prepared to compromise if it comes down to eating regular.

I have the opposite problem. My son likes the surfer dude Spike hairstyle. Like Sam said, "One of the greatist injustices in life is that you don't get to choose your parents."

Steve

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome, Luke!

Hey, your hair is ok. There is nothing wrong with it! Nothing. However, your parents... you are still under they're rules.. so you will have to listen to them. (yeah, I know it sucks... I used to be young too... long long ago...)

There is really no scriptual reason why you cannot wear your hair like that. Don't cut it if you can.... and tell the bro's and sisters that there's nothing wrong with hair like yours. Better yet, ask them to prove that it's wrong, and make a choice for yourself based on they're evidence.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well Luke, at least you have hair.

Unlike ol' Rayzorblade.

But then again, some of that is by choice, but yes...there is a receeding hair line on my forehead, but no, no, no....no toilet seat haircuts for me. Uh uh!

I figured, if my hair line is receeding; who am I to kid, right? So I buzzed it right down, and I think it looks better and of course, it's a cinch to maintain.

Luke: hair is hair, be glad you got a full head of it.

Looks fine by me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit