is this real? Wife got an email from here group elder about daily check in's

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    the girl next door - "'...WTBTS know well that with the taste of freedom and the bliss that comes from not going to meetings/FS they're going to lose a bunch of publishers when all is said and done..."

Agreed.

I always get a chuckle out of this particular aspect of WT "authority"...

..."growth=God's blessing" has always been an integral component of the JW worldview, but I've long suspected that deep down, the Org actually wants to downsize the rank-and-file to a more streamlined and manageable size (like it's downsizing everything else).

The urge to keep as many members still in vs. the overarching need to prune out the "lukewarm" must feel uncomfortably conflicting.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

Ironically for them, the religion might get their wish of a smaller and ‘more manageable’ group of followers. The problem is: they will get less money as a result.

Also, if they piss off enough people with these intrusive Zoom meetings (insisting people be dressed up to sit in their own house - or a comment or remark about decor or object in someone’s home visible on the screen) Zoom is going to get ripped out..People are stressed out now and I can really see somebody flipping out or possibly punching an elder in the nose if he had the nerve to visit a publisher and knock on their door to discuss something ‘they saw’ on the televised meeting.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

In my mind, there are only two real possibilities that would generate this:

1. Truly caring

2. Control

For older ones living alone without a car, if they called and are truly caring and you tell them you feel sick, they could arrange to have you taken to a place to get tested, or to get a visit from a nurse. If you ended up being positive, they could arrange to have food brought and left outside your door. For ones that have a car or family at home, I don't see what a phone call from an elder would really accomplish.

For everyone else, it is just a control issue.

Rub a Dub

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I want to say, on the days that we do not actually get a phone call, I suspect some email to my husband. However, he does not share everything with me... too much cognitive dissonance ensues.

• VIII
    VIII

My PIMI Mom gets the daily calls from a local Elder. It is under the guise of checking on her health. I call her daily also, so I know that they are watching her closely. She is convinced this is the start of the Great Tribulation and Armageddon is right around the corner.

They're completely NUTZ! But, those daily calls are really getting to her. She sounds more and more unstable. She’s 81 and is losing her mind with the social distancing. Those calls from her cult members are reinforcing her Armageddon dream.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I can confirm now that my husband got at least one, and some days two emails from his service group overseer seeing how we are from about March 24 and stopping abruptly April 7th. Unfortunately, he was also hounded for help from many other dummies/lazy butt elders wanting help with something. April 7th was the leak of the LDC message through Atlantis/Petra saying elders only need to check in once a week. So he is due for a check-in today, as it has been bless-ed crickets for a week, except for the other hounding. The hounding does not include "how are you", "are you working", etc. that the check-ins did. IDK how it is connected to the LDC, but maybe news travels fast through these false shepherds when they can do less. And yes I know that ex-elders say the load is ridiculous, but that load does not include any real caring for people. This is another example.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Weekly call done right on time. 'doin his job.

jerk.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GOINGTHRUTHEMOTIONS:

Is this daily checkup combined with their efforts to reactivate the ‘Inactive’?

Well, I guess I’m off their radar because I haven’t seen or heard from them.

I know certain ex-Witnesses will be pursued more than others..Maybe a brother (because there aren’t enough men), or somebody who has some skill that Users in the congregation wanted, OR a family that opened up their house, entertained, served food, etc.

They didn’t so much as get the time of day from me since they criticized me as ‘unspiritual’ for having a full time job.. There’s probably a notation next to my name somewhere - being as they take notes about everything else.😉

Only desperation would make them come calling.

• TheListener
    TheListener

My wife may get texts or something or emails but definitely no calls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit