is this real? Wife got an email from here group elder about daily check in's

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• caves
    caves

the girl next door-They're trying to flatten their own curve with a daily nagging reminder.

Bam!!! This^

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I got one of those calls from an elder...my reply was: "Don't call me...I'll call you!"

Makes me wonder if all these daily phone calls along with the text & email check-ins/check-ups ordered by the circuit overseers isn't a way to keep homebound elders themselves busy & out of trouble...after all, as the ole saying goes... "an elder's idle mind is the workshop of the Devil!"🤣🤣🤣

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    They're trying to flatten their own curve with a daily nagging reminder.

You made my day

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

Hmm. I wouldn’t put it past them. Likely the person they are calling would be a candidate they would approach with an envelope at the hall to contribute to Witnesses who didn’t want to work.

The brother might call purporting to ask how they are doing. If Bro/Sis Sensible says ‘Fine’, he’ll then say:.. ‘Bro/Sis So and So needs this and that and can’t pay their bills..could you please..’

If a person (not a JW) was a good friend of mine, I might give them a few things..if I could spare it. But, I wouldn’t tolerate Witnesses contacting me trying to pull this.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I would think a lot of organizations are doing outreach activities. I'm a supervisor at work and all staff are working from home. Supervisors have been directed to call - not email or text - each of our subordinates at least weekly. This call is not about work. We are calling to see how they and their families are doing and to see if they need anything. I'm not surprised that jw's would have their own peculiar way of doing outreach.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Daily calls would indeed be "peculiar" outreach. I like what the girl next door said, they're trying to flatten their own curve. There is NO reason for daily calls by them. None. That's control, not some sort of loving check-in.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I would argue that they have been reading this forum and have seen posts on how the distance during lockdown may do the brainwashed some good.

Daily phone calls would be if they cared about their 'sheep'.... yet they didn't happen until now and likely won't continue once their 'GT' is over in 3 months.

Great Tribulation.... it will be when Armageddon doesn't come.... AGAIN.

🙄

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Frozen

My boss from where I retired 3 years ago calls every now and then just to chitchat. He knows the health concerns wife and I have and is genuinely willing to help if we needed it

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

A couple of check ins:

-Please send in your time, we need to get it by such and such day. (Uh, no you don't, you are lying, and br. so and so said lying shows disrespect.) They don't need it by the 6th like they used to because it is all electronic and not needed till the 15th or something like that. O.K. we all know it is not needed at all and is a control mechanism and not biblical, but even according to their extra-biblical rules they are lying to me.

-Emailing tomorrows meeting code and password for the field service meeting (which I never go to, maybe quarterly). Then calling when my family doesn't show up. (matching the daily check in scenario we keep hearing about)

They got a lot days covered with meetings and emailing the code for meetings the day before, and are scrambling for the other days. It is quite transparent.

They never once asked if we need anything, and the "how are you" was just perfunctory. You have to be happy in their little cult, so there. What are you going to do? Ask a dumb elder about C19? They are the last people on Darwin's green earth I would ask. Actually, I could figure it out on my own A LOT better.

Dubstepped and girl next door has it right. The only thing this is about is control, and not how are you. I know, because they left me hanging for years, and only contacted to ask why I haven't been doing as much... not how they could help me keep from dying. And that was only 1 sheep, not all of them. Now they care? No, they care about whatever megalomaniac narcissists care about. And BTW, no narcissist knows they are one.

I just overhear the calls lately, thank darwin!

Oh, and they can keep bugging me for that time. I really want to respond with a certain emoji, but I know what hurts way more is silence. Also, they'd break up my family... let's review...

• sir82
    sir82
    I don’t think the instructions were to literally check in every day

In the USA, yes - daily check-ins. Each publisher to his "field service group overseer" (book study conductor in a previous time), FSGOs report to COBEs daily, COBEs report to CO daily, COs report to Bethel daily.

Why, you'd almost think this was a high-control religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit