Lots Of Whining And Complaining About Us JW's

by Deaconblues1914 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

'Yes. What other religion on the face of this earth is truly preaching the good news of the kingdom?'

(Deaconblues1914)

Watchtower June 1 1968 page 331

On the Joyful March to Mankind’s Millennium

'Arguing against a literal future millennial rule by Christ, some have claimed that such a teaching would chill the missionary ardour of Christians to make disciples of all nations. (Matt. 28:19,20) But not so! Today no people are more zealous in carrying out this missionary commission than are the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, who believe that the 1,000-year reign of Christ is literal and future. In comparatively few years these have grown to more than a million. Today they are carrying out this commission in 197 lands and islands of the sea and that in 169 languages. Last year they devoted 184 million hours to this work!

And no wonder. What good news they have to tell the people! They proclaim the good news that the millennial rule of Christ will begin with this generation and that it will mean ever so many blessings for the people :..'

(underlining mine)

In the book God’s Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing For Man’s Good (Watchtower 1974) page 6

‘All these transformed ones, religious and non-religious confidently look for life on earth to become better within their own generation. They are now patterning their lives with this assured expectation of grander things to come for earth’s inhabitants. ..What has brought about this marvellous transformation in their minds and hearts and lives? It is this: They have all come to an accurate knowledge of God’s “eternal purpose” and are shaping their lives in harmony with that divine purpose’

(underlining mine)

The Watchtower September 1st 1969 page 532 commenting on ‘Faith and Determination needed to please Jehovah’ and Hebrew 11:1 where ‘the apostle Paul defined faith as ” the assured expectation of things hoped for , the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld

‘Jehovah has made many promises of the things yet to occur. One may hope that such things will come to pass, but such expression may only be a whimsical wish, not real faith. Faith is more than just an expectation. It is expectation that is assured to such a degree that it is able to support, uphold and guarantee that what is hoped for will become a reality. This is the meaning of hypostasis, a word common in ancient papyrus business documents in reference to guarantees placed on transactions.

( the words assured and guaranteed are italicized in the article)

…Substantially the words (hy po’sta sis and e’leg.khos mean that faith gives to things future, which as yet are only hoped for, all the reality of actual present existence, and irresistibly convinces us of the reality of things unseen and brings us into their presence.” The Expositor’s Greek Testament. Vol. IV page 352'

Deaconblues1914 I posted these quotes to give you some idea of why my parents felt it was impossible to grow old and die of old age. My mother particularly expressed her faith to me as her son and to her sisters of the marvellous hope she had by her faith in the promises of Jehovah brought to her by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Another reason for my parents to believe as they did, the way that I understand it is that the scripture in Acts 2:17 where it talks of the pouring out God's spirit and they 'will prophesy' which verse 16 shows to be quoting from the book of Joel is fulfilled in the remnant of anointed Christians from 1919.

The death of my parents in old age has certainly affected some in my family

'The dedicated believers had been anointed with holy spirit to prophesy and preach.'(WT.1966.page 690)
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Waste your time preaching about how bad us JW'S are. Most of you are or probably have been DF'D. And no doubt deserved it.

I was DF'd because i tried to leave. I tried to disassociate and was "lovingly" called to meet with the brothers to see what the issue was... when i turned up it was a Judicial Committee. Why all the trickery to get me there?

I tried to leave because i actually read all of the JW material from Rutherford and noticed how you dont reprint even a single sentence of what that man ever written or said. Why? He wrote A LOT of your books. Was he wrong? Wasnt Jesus directing him as his mouthpeice?

The fact is this is the only religion that has a LONG track record of getting every - single - prediction - they've ever made wrong and had to retract it under the banner of "new light".

Can you explain where Jesus taught about an overlapping generation please?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

deacy was either a Troll, a judg-MENTAL JW or some other kind of fool.

I think this person has departed. I wouldn't let this despicable coward wind you up folks. Laugh at the idiot instead.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

Deaconblues1914 - the literal day I found out JWs harbor (and in some ways abet) child molesters I never again paid 1 penny to these corrupt sickos. Maybe you should do some research on where all that money goes...not to the world wide work, but to the lawyers and settlements.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've noticed that DeaconBlues1914 doesn't react to your arguments. Instead, he spouts diatribes -- statements of his own beliefs. Clearly he's here to preach and not be preached to. And he has no respect for your beliefs. To him, you're base apostates, clearly not worth responding to. It's ironic that he calls himself "deacon" (even though it's most likely a musical reference). A deacon is an office in the early Christian church that is not found anywhere in the Watchtower church. At any rate, he's clearly not interested in discourse, or reason, nor do I believe he's truly interested in reclamation; rather, he may simply be trying to jinn up points for his weekly stats and little more.

If he doesn't specifically address your arguments or concerns, you may wish to divert your attention to more constructive pursuits. And if you ask him a question and he deflects, chances are he's also ill-equipped to deal with theological concepts with which he's unfamiliar.

If you were an active member and was doing what he's doing, how would you record it in your weekly records? I imagine Deac is reaching quite a few people. But he's not having a necessarily effective time doing it! Additionally, I suspect his superiors might not fully support his missionary endeavors. Coming to a place like this and discussing theology might result in further apostasy, not less.

• nevermind
    nevermind

Deaconblues1914,

Now aren't you just a cute, prickly little porcupine? While reading your posts, you really make me think of porcupine attack!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Deaconblues1914. Here's a couple of ideas. Feck off to JWTalk and tell them you've been posting on this site. See how far you get. Or.. put your hand up at the meeting tomorrow and spout on about how you've been setting these apostates straight on jehovahs-witnesses.com. You'll be in the back room within 10 seconds of the meeting ending.

Oh, and Deacon Blue were, and always will be, a pile of shite.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

P.S. I know I am a bit late to the party but just feeling a bit spiky myself

• Landy
    Landy
    • Oh, and Deacon Blue were, and always will be, a pile of shite.

Now you've gone too far! :(

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Now you've gone too far!

Er... no ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit