Nice moment today

by Theburstbubble 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

OOOH, that has pagan roots, ya know, and thats BAD. The WTS doesnt like anything with pagan, and evil roots. Like masonic symbols, and pyramids, and false prophesying. The WTS is so against dressing children up in "evil" outfits. NO, the WTS, LOVES children and protects them at all costs. . . . . . . . . NOT

Seriously though, thanks for sharing your experience, and joy with us. I was a born in, and never experienced any holidays as a child. Specifically, concerning Halloween, i actually remember being at my "worldly" Grandmothers house, while ALL the kids in my neighborhood were ringing her bell, trick or treating, and she was handing them all candy. I was standing behind the window, trying not to be seen by the other kids, while watching them all enjoying themselves, getting treats, dressed up as whatever they wanted to be, and having fun. When i think about it now, it was almost kinda cruel. I was like 7 or 8 years old, and i DO remember the feeling of longing and feeling left out. One kid even saw me, thru the window, and the next day in school he asked me, "how come you werent trick or treating, like the rest of us". Shit, that sucked.

I got over it, and i guess it wasnt the worst possible thing in the world, but if you were a kid in the "truth", you know what i mean. I truly enjoy spending these times with my daughter now. She is 7 years old, and i am carving pumpkins with her, and all that good stuff. This time of year, we LOVE going on "haunted hayrides", and she loves those "haunted corn mazes", and all the kinda stuff you do this time of year. Where we live, in New Jersey, United States, you truly do experience Autumn, with the leaves changing colors, and the coolness in the air this time of year. This is my favorite time of year, and i enjoy it SO MUCH more, with making memories with my daughter.

So yeah, Burstbubble, i know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Burstbubble made me smile, thank hou

Dunedin Ahhh "haunted hayrides"sounds amazing - wish we had that in the uk

We have bonfire night though - I love the smells at this time of year

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank`s Billy for the laugh ,

These G.B. guys are worse than scrooge Mc Duck in taking away simple pleasures that bring joy to children .

Do they think they care about it`s pagan roots ? their.... kids for heavens sake .

Such kill joys

party poopers

and hypocrites that engage in , and practice, what`s regarded as pagan also . And not just that , they accept apostate teachings also when you consider the following .

I might add that the books they regard as inspired by GOD were , by their own words chosen by Apostates of Christendom in the third Century and the very name Jehovah was made up by a Spanish Catholic Monk in the 13th Century.

Go figure .

smiddy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Theburstbubble, great story thanks, it gave me a lovely warm feeling. I was lucky enough to be out of the cult before I had my daughter, so I made those kind of memories too.

My daughter came home from the Halloween party at primary school saying the teacher announced the prize for the best costume goes to the witch with the bat necklace and purple jumping spider and she looked down and realised it was her! She came home with a book token and a very big smile.

Firework displays are great in the UK. I treasure the memory of my little girl leaning back against her dad watching fireworks with her face aglow with excitement. Have a lovely time.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

hey burst bubble, I'm right with you. It's hard to shake the guilt and self doubt when we have been ingrained with it for so long, I think that why I need forums like this, gives me affirmation that my instincts about this cult are spot on and that it's the right thing to walk away.

I have three kids, 2 teenagers who had to say no to all that pagan false worship and we had plenty of awkward moments explaining to teachers and tears over birthday invitations, I feel terrible about it now. This year they are planning their first Halloween, outfits and all! My toddler has just had a birthday and it's so great to let her join in everything at playschool. I personally really like the sense of community that these festivals bring, and love feeling part of things again.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Nice!

SL

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am so jealous of you all you guys having a great time with the build up to Halloween and Guy Fawkes night. My kids are older now. Trying to get my 22yr old to come to a Halloween party or ghost walk with me. Not much luck so far.

I am going to get my son to arrange to go to a fireworks display with a few school friends he is a teenager and I want him to develop independence and free thinking.

Kate xx

• Heaven
    Heaven

I have come to realize that Pagans indeed have a lot of fun. I love pumpkins... especially the pie with whipped cream versions!

A little pumpkin ambiance:

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Heaven I love pumpkins too. This is my favorite time of year, the color of the leaves, the crisp air, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin pie. Love it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit