Nice moment today

by Theburstbubble 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Theburstbubble
    Theburstbubble

So it's been a few months since I last went to a meeting but I've still had lots of guilty feelings about leaving, such as am I doing the right thing, thinking about friends and family, where do I go from here etc etc. But I think once you stop believing you can't go back.

Anyway, today I had a very nice experience. My daughter had been to nursery today and when she got home I asked her what she had done and she excitedly told me they had been doing pumpkins. It was so nice just to share her enjoyment! Much nicer than having to have a chat about it being wrong and then maybe having to talk to the nursery and make a big deal about it. It might sound like a small thing but it made me smile and feels like a step in the right direction 😊

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Oh shoot im sorry! I read this and got a little smile. I tried to click the like button but fat fingered the "dislike" by accident! Total mistake :) it was a very nice moment of "normal" and its awesome that you had and shared it :)
  • Simon
    Simon

Seeing kids join in with normal activities is great - the fun and enthusiasm is fantastic. Who would ever want to take that away? (yeah, we know who)

BTW: If you click the wrong button, clicking the other one changes your vote. The counts may be incorrect for a while until the cache clears but only one vote per post is ever recorded.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

It's such a nice thing to embrace the seasons, kids love this stuff, because they are just learning traditions and the cycle of life. It's such a huge relief not to have to say 'um, sweetie, actually that's BAD!' but instead to simply smile and say 'how wonderful! Aren't pumpkins great, how you can make faces in them and then light them up from the inside?'

• Theburstbubble
    Theburstbubble

It was really lovely. We have bonfire night coming up soon too (I'm in the UK) and I can't wait to see her little face when we go to a firework display. There's so many lovely family things to do now and lots of memories to make together. When you're a witness, you kid yourself that the children don't miss out, but when you leave you realise the poor things really do! So I'm just happy to be coming out of the other side now 😀

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

These simple little pleasures in life are actually a big thing when you have not been able to enjoy them for many years.

I am looking forward to halloween. Our neighborhood has gotten a reputation as the place to go for trick or treating, so we get about 600 trick or treaters, it's major. My husband and I decided to just go with it, we decorate and dress up, this year we are going to be minions.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Theburstbubble....I know how you feel...normal. lol
  • Sabin
    Sabin

Trick or Treat

Smell my Feet

Give me something Nice to Eat

I heard that somewhere, made me laugh. Sod the WTBTS we are giving out sweets this year. Of corse I`m being brave cause I`m on the forum. It will be my husband that opens the door.

You & your lovely family go burst that bubble.. You made me smile. have fun

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

My daughter had been to nursery today and when she got home I asked her what she had done and she excitedly told me they had been doing pumpkins.

Here's how Jehovah and the GB feel about kids being around pumpkins!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That's not a small deal at all :) Imagian the grief you are saving your little one, they will be able to grow up normal and do all the things everyone else is doing. My kids went through school feeling different and have struggled trying to fit in now that we left.

This was the first year they carved a pumpkin and they are 18 & 20. It's never too late!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit