DPRK Asserts that USA has Declared War

by cofty 60 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    You are on team call china, good!

I have no idea what you mean. Is this something you heard on Talk Radio?

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    Trump's incompetence is nothing to feel patriotic about. I am broadly-speaking a big supporter of the USA in international affairs but your current commander-in-chief is an embarrassment to you.

Bla-di-bla.

Clinton would be an embarrassment to the US. Trump sometimes put his foot in the mouth, but I am happy he is giving voice to what normal americans think: that North Korea should not be given the option to nuke US cities.

Your idea that Trump shouldn't be allowed to speak his mind is bizarre. Trump won bc ppl were tired of having to police their language out of fear of upsetting ppl. Somewhat surprised you are on that train...

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    I have no idea what you mean. Is this something you heard on Talk Radio?

Considering how many books you keep telling us you have read on every issue under the sun you should be delighted to learn there is still something new you can learn lol!

• cofty
    cofty

Hothead you epitomise everything that is wrong with modern politics. You identify with a tribe and lose all ability to think objectively. Your age won't be an excuse forever.

You live in a bubble where the same ideas are recycled endlessly. You cannot tolerate criticism of your ideology or of its leaders and spokespersons. You show little interest in understanding the nuances of difficult issues or grasping how there are strengths and weaknesses on both sides of a debate.

I despise Kim Jong-un but not primarily because he hates the USA. I have a lot of respect for the USA but I am convinced Trump is a dangerous idiot. You need to put me in a box with a label so you can criticise me for opinions that I don't hold.

Yes I do read a great deal of books. Odd that you should use that fact as a reason to ridicule. If you want to understand NK and how we got where we are today and how we might avoid a catastrophe you need to value information more than you value your colloquial political affiliations.

If you actually want to learn more about the history and political philosophy of NK I suggest "North Korea - State of Paranoia" by Paul French

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Trump sometimes put his foot in the mouth

Only when he opens it.

• Simon
    Simon

Hey, it's not like the world is dumb enough to provide a "hostage" situation, such as by sending thousands of it's citizens to South Korea for a world-televised sporting event anytime soon. Are they?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Cofty:

Wow relax!

You gave your opinion, I gave mine. You believe the thing to do is to ask china to fix this problem and I don't think so.

You believe Trumps speech was some huge affront to humanity and a threat to world peace or whatever; I think it was just a strongly worded speech and whatever might provoke North Korea to war is isn't a few words. They are the masters in saying crazy shit so your theory they are all falling on their fainting couches right now seems bizarre. But hey, what do I know, I am not a scholar on North Korea like yourself lol!

Yes I do read a great deal of books. Odd that you should use that fact as a reason to ridicule.

I don't ridicule you for reading a lot... so do I believe it or not!

I DO find it funny you bring up how much you read in nearly every post. Like... you just did it again!

We all get it, you read a ton of book and that makes you very smart and knowledgeable compared to the rest of us mortals.. you don't have to tell us all the time lol!

Just my 2c.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Simon: I heard South Korea got super lucky with the Olympics; some guy from the countryside offered to do the fireworks at an amazing discount!

• cofty
    cofty
    You believe the thing to do is to ask china to fix this problem and I don't think so. - Hothead

I never said that. Do you actually read what other people say?

I DO find it funny you bring up how much you read in nearly every post.

I never do that. Very occasionally I will mention a book I am reading if it is relevant to the topic. I prefer facts to opinions. I really appreciate others who bring facts to a discussion.

You can carry on getting your opinions handed to you by loud-mouthed talk radio hosts and living in a thought bubble. In ten years time you won't be ten years more experienced - you will have had the same experience ten times.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    Hothead you epitomise everything that is wrong with modern politics.

To think my teacher said I would never amount to anything!

BTW. when you are on a rant about the problems with base discourse and how someone is not talking like an adult it might be a good idea NOT to use childish nicknames!

I get it now: Trump calling Kim Un "rocket man" is very bad... you calling me "hothead" is very good... and it all makes sense for reasons one has to read 3000 pages to understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit