DPRK Asserts that USA has Declared War

by cofty 60 Replies latest social current

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Cofty: if you think that was all Trump did you didn't listen to his speech very well lol!

I find it hilarious Trump talk to North Korea like North Korea talk to Trump and I bet it has an ENORMEOUS moral effect on the North Koreans when they can listen to his speeches!

I see no reason to respect religion and I see no reason to respect a third-world dictator lol!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

The speech to the UN was IMO a "tear down the wall" moment. It gave me goosebumps!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If KJU believes that his ass ets grass anyway, why wouldn't he cause as much damage as he could to the US if he had the power. And if the US knows that he can inflict such damage, US has no recourse butt to stop NK beforehand at all costs by 1. Accepting a nuclear NK 2. Military - to say the least.

Any damage to US soil should be prevented.

• cofty
    cofty
    if you think that was all Trump did you didn't listen to his speech very well lol! - Hot

I didn't say that's all he did. I did listen to his speech very carefully. I also read books by real experts on world affairs, modern history and politics. I explained why Trump's childish insults against Kim Jong-un is counterproductive in my OP. Did you read it?

Please don't finish sentences with "lol!" We are discussing whether the world can avert nuclear war.

I find it hilarious Trump talk to North Korea like North Korea talk to Trump and I bet it has an ENORMEOUS moral effect on the North Koreans when they can listen to his speeches!

Provoking nuclear war is not hilarious it is dangerous and irresponsible. It may lead to massive loss of civilian life.

If you think North Koreans listen to speeches at the UN you don't know anything about NK. North Koreans get all their information from state-owned news. The thing North Koreans will know about Trump is that according to their Supreme Leader he has declared war on them without cause and that it is time to defend their land from American aggression. Trump is being manipulated by Kim Jong-un and he can't see it.

I see no reason to respect religion and I see no reason to respect a third-world dictator lol!

My contempt for Kim Jong-un is total. If you bothered to read my OP you would see that I am not arguing that Kim 3 does not deserve ridicule. I am arguing that Trump has not got the skills, personality, knowledge or intelligence to deal with this situation effectively. (There is that 'lol' thing again. Please don't)

The speech to the UN was IMO a "tear down the wall" moment. It gave me goosebumps!

You are not old enough to remember the "tear down this wall" speech 30 years ago. There is no comparison between Kim Jong-un and Mikhail Gorbachev.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would like to see Trump look more "presidential". His tweets are often juvenile and unprofessional IMO (but who am I?).

Decades of playing nice guy politics with NK has gotten us what? A nuclear armed NK! I just see Trump's game as telling Kim to "put up or shut up". If he dares to take the "first swing", he's dust.

• jp1692
    jp1692

DOC: If he dares to take the "first swing", he's dust.

Not likely. There will be almost certainly be tens of thousands South Koreans that are "dust" in a matter of a few minutes or hours at most. After that it will only get worse as the senseless carnage will spread from there. Countless millions could potential die as the result of the immaturity and lack of restraint of these two men. It's insane.

And no doubt the "fearless leaders" on both sides will be safe in their deep underground bunkers.

It's not like Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un are going to duke it out mano-a-mano. There's nothing heroic about childish name calling.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nuclear fallout and radiation knows no boundaries...

It will NOT stay on one side of an imaginary line on a map...

The devastation will be felt for 1,000's of kms around the world!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    I explained why Trump's childish insults against Kim Jong-un is counterproductive in my OP. Did you read it?

Yah, and I had my say!

Please don't finish sentences with "lol!" We are discussing whether the world can avert nuclear war.

Man you are way too serious.

Provoking nuclear war is not hilarious it is dangerous and irresponsible. It may lead to massive loss of civilian life.

you are falling under the progressive myth that Obamas NK policy was all that great. it wasn't they almost got nuclear rockets. I support Trump doing something else even if that something else is a war that can still be fought without nuclear arms.

Don't you? or are you on the "call china"-team?

My contempt for Kim Jong-un is total.

ssshhhhh you might start a nuclear war by saying such mean things!

You are not old enough to remember the "tear down this wall" speech 30 years ago.

There is this thing called "the internet". It allows u to see things that happened many years ago. or am I only allowed to feel patriotic about things that happened during my lifetime?

• cofty
    cofty
    Man you are way too serious. - Hothead

Provoking a nuclear war that would result in tens of thousands of civilian deaths is as serious as life gets.

you are falling under the progressive myth that Obamas NK policy was all that great.

You know absolutely nothing about my view of Obama's foreign policy.

I support Trump doing something else even if that something else is a war that can still be fought without nuclear arms.

The human cost of a war even without nuclear weapons will be counted in tens of thousands of civilian deaths. Anybody who supports Trump making personal, childish insults under these circumstances is naive or a teenager or both.

Don't you? or are you on the "call china"-team?

China has started to respond. It has banned companies doing business with NK and conducting financial transactions. NK desperately needs fuel and food subsidies from China. Foreign aid is part of the DPRK economy. There is a difficult balance to be found. Can Kim Jong-un be tamed without triggering the collapse of the regime? Who can blame China for not wanting a failed state on its border. Of course China has itself to blame. NK was totally defeated in the Korean war before Mao committed hundreds of thousands of troops. He sent Nationalists who had opposed him in the Communist Revolution so he didn't care how many died in Korea as long as Americans were dying. Russia also prolonged the war in order to damage the USA.

am I only allowed to feel patriotic about things that happened during my lifetime

Trump's incompetence is nothing to feel patriotic about. I am broadly-speaking a big supporter of the USA in international affairs but your current commander-in-chief is an embarrassment to you.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Cofty: You are on team call china, good!

Tell me when that is expected to stop North Korea from testing nuclear weapons and shooting rockets all over the pacific lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit