What if moving the world headquarters of the Watchtower is just a cover-up?

by WireRider 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When the Borg realizes that the mortgage-forgiveness-tithing program introduced in May 2014 is not producing what they planned, they will have to induce something. I think they can and will implement some kind of mandatory tithing program like a 10% per month per publisher.

That new Silver Sword bible released 2-years ago somewhere has the word **Tithe** inserted somewhere in there I think I mentioned this before somewhere.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    10%? HFS. Why are you just giving this company 10% of your income? What the hell do they do with it?
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

They are not transparent with anyone. Not each other, their members or government agencies. Everyone is on an "as need to know" basis. If you don't need to know, it is alright manipulate and lie to you if necessary, is even part of their doctrine. Basically "the end justifies the means" is their thinking.

When you parallel that evidence with the flip flop of doctrine, cherry picking, miss quotes, sanitation of their history etc. I have concluded they can't be trusted at any level. Now throw in lots of $$$ and you have a recipe for corruption.

ie: At the local hall thousands of dollars were donated to the box marked "local building fund" and earmarked for remolding. This box existed long enough to remodel twice in 20 years without going in debt. This money was kept in a savings account. Then the savings was closed and the money was placed on deposit with WTS. Dubs were assured from the platform that the money was easily accessible and safe there. Then the "new arrangement", the "local building fund" box disappears. The local kh now accepts a $500 monthly expense to the kh fund. The money on deposit was donated to WTS. Multiply this by thousands of congregations.... A giant shell game of moving the money around making it easier to lose track of and siphon off to things it was never donated for.

At this point nothing would surprise me.

I am now left with figuring out how to untie my hands from behind my back, and slip this noose off my neck that is tied to my JW family tree before someone kicks the stool from under my feet.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The lack of financial transparency was always one of the things that really bothered me about this religion.

Every congregation publicly reports their accounts every month, but "mother" keeps her's secret.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Oubilette: The lack of financial transparency was always one of the things that really bothered me about this religion.
    Every congregation publicly reports their accounts every month, but "mother" keeps her's secret.

The WTS' lack of transparency is why the Charity Intelligence Canada has given the Watchtower Society an "F" grade.

https://www.charityintelligence.ca/charity-details/40-watch-tower-and-tract-society-of-canada

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OrphanCrow, that report by the CIC is most telling. A grade of "F" indeed!

I looked at the linked "Financial Statements." They are very opaque. There is really no way to tell from those statements how the monies are spent or what the assets are or how utilized.

I'm one guy, with one job and a couple of relatively minor investments and my financial statements are much more detailed than these nonsensical "statements." They are really a joke.

It was interesting to note the $57 million (Canadian Dollars) "Deficiency of revenues over expenses." That's a lot of money to be hemorrhaging. Of course, it could all just be a paper loss moving money from one branch to the other.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Another interesting tidbit from this report.

It states that in the 2014 fiscal year, "The Society granted [$35,921,000] to 434 qualified donees in Canada."

That's nearly $83,000 per "donee" on average. Just who are these people and what did they do to warrant getting such a large grant? That amount is surely much larger than the average JW earns annually.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Oubilette: It states that in the 2014 fiscal year, "The Society granted [$35,921,000] to 434 qualified donees in Canada."
    That's nearly $83,000 per "donee" on average. Just who are these people and what did they do to warrant getting such a large grant? That amount is surely much larger than the average JW earns annually.

I replied to your comment on the oher thread about money but will do so here as well.

That amount is simply representative of a paper transaction to "forgive" Kingdom Hall loans. It is a side step to fall in line with the allowable "donation" system of income. Loans are not considered an allowable form of revenue for charities.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Orphan you are a true CROW you and others will lick their bones clean! LOL
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Beth Sarim - "When the Borg realizes that the mortgage-forgiveness-tithing program introduced in May 2014 is not producing what they planned, they will have to induce something."

Pretty sure they've already figured it out, and the mass construction shutdown is a big part of the response (along with my other suspicion that "conscious-classers" have - finally - simply quit donating).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit