A question for all women that were raised in the "truth"

by codeblue 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

Do you feel like you have low self esteem because of being raised as a JW?

Codeblue

• kelpie
    kelpie

Yes.... what more can I say.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Yes, I had ver-r-r-r-r-r-ry low self esteem. It took me yeeeeeeears of therapy before I found the strength to make the necessary changes in my life ... namely take charge of my own life. Then I left the borg. I had become a "JezebelTM" ... hehehehe!!! Gotta love it!!!

ESTEE

• Aztec
    Aztec

Nope! I'm tougher than your average cookie.

~Aztec

• yesidid
    yesidid

Absolutely not.

yesidid

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I think I already had low self esteem issues, coming from an alcoholic home, and the JW teachings just made it worse.

Terri

• Xena
    Xena

I did for a long time, but thankfully I have managed to overcome it. lol took divorce and losing my entire family to make me realize I don't need anyone to take care of me, I can take care of myself.

Feels darn good too!

• alison
    alison

I did in the beginning and still do at times but I love myself and loving yourself involves accepting all your short comings and all your qualities I also have a good men that tells me everyday that I'm beautiful, even though I don't know just know that you are beautiful don't let all the years in the so called "truth" bring you down you can't let them win first you have to love yourself and then you'll know that nothing could bring you down.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Born and raised JW, and, nope! No self-esteem issues here.

Although, I think 'self-esteem' is nothing but part of the 90s buzz words vocabulary. Highly overrated, rather silly, really.

DY

• Meg
    Meg

I would say Yes! Definently!! Being raised as a JW, means being ridiculed and made fun of your entire life! Going to school was an absolute nightmare! Being raised as a JW means not fitting in, being an outcast.

I would definently say that being raised as a JW has alot to do with my self esteem issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit