Interview with an Apostate: Nic-MightyV8

by MightyV8 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

MightyV8, great accounting of your story! You should chime in on some of the threads. I do, in spite of the fact that I'm usually not all up to speed or out in left field. Most here are cool with it.

Thanks for doing the template thingy. I'm not free, yet, but one fine day...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks Nick!

Lovely post.

As a fellow Australian originally from Perth, I say "G'day!" đź‘Ť

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

thank you stillin

I am starting to 'chime' in. Just don't like the idea of getting cut to piecing if I disagree with a thought, am very careful with my wording, this is why sometimes its better to say nothing.

stuckinarut2

and a huge 'G'day from WA'

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

I sent a text message to my brother in law and sister...you may remember elder Tony and Nazi Lou

Both "special" "special" pioneers

As follows:

Just a quick note to inform you on Jehovahs-Witness.com you can read all about yourselves as I have posted a thread titled Interview with an Apostate:Nic-MightyV8

You can also read some of the nice comments about yourself.

SUE ME.

hehe no reply

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

MightyV8 - Excellent to read your story.

Did you become an atheist or transfer your faith elsewhere?
    First off I joined the Baptist church even become a born-again Christian…gee that lasted a whole of 6 months.

Oh, yeah. I know this scenario so well!

• humbled
    humbled
    What are you most proud of achieving since you left?
    What we all have built inside of us genuinely helping people with not expecting something in return. e.g. was walking my dog and saw two ladies trying to load a huge sofa into a car that was not going to fit no matter how hard they tried, got in my ute and loaded it on, took it to their home they were so grateful, what a buzz it was to help.

I am glad you wrote this.

One of the most disturbing aspects of the JW pressure-to-preach was these small natural kindnesses so easily became calculated transactions.

No JW could afford the time to be just natural and kind—the WT translated our lives. To do anything such as you did for simple goodnesssake would be recorded and itemized as “ministry”. l mean—l mentioned it during a Watchtower study once: that scripture that said”Do not let your right hand know what the left hand is doing.”

Really fucked up.

It is great to be human again, eh Nic? Great to feel a buzz without a publishers report.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey, Nazi Lou - if you ever get the courage to click the link Nic messaged you and are reading this...

You're missing out on some quality family like the man who posted here. And there's nothing "special" about being a pioneer. You're a saleswoman for a billion-dollar corporation working at your own expense; the expense of your time, your energy, your kinship and your "perceptive powers trained to distinguish what is right from wrong" (Heb 5:14). Spoiler alert, sister: the WTBTS is demonstrably WRONG. Facts don't cease to exist because you're choosing to ignore them and shut out your own brother. Wake up, Gestapo Girl.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Another great story and read.

Thank you for sharing.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Thank you punkofnice

Yes I now look back and chuckle to myself "what were you thinking"

Or is it what were you using to try and think with.

Thanks, humbled

e.g. was walking my dog and saw two ladies trying to load a huge sofa into a car that was not going to fit no matter how hard they tried, got in my ute and loaded it on, took it to their home they were so grateful, what a buzz it was to help.

I did not want it to sound like I was bragging.

Where ever I go I'm on the lookout to help anyone that may need assistance, the little old lady carrying her groceries to the car, just little things.

I don't want arse kissing, just a simple thank you that's it, no more.

The simple "thank you" is my buzz.

There is the feeling of self-worth. I have not changed the world but I've helped a human.

I would like to think when the time comes and maybe I need help in small things there is someone out there that will help.

No JW could afford the time to be just natural and kind—the WT translated our lives. To do anything such as you did for simple goodness sake would be recorded and itemized as “ministry”

EXACTLY!!

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Thank you Wake Me Up Before You Joho

You definitely have a way with words just loved

Gestapo Girl

Nazi Lou or Gestapo Girl is crafty enough to sneak a peak and she is also thick as pigs shit to just ignore.

Time will tell.

Dagney

Thanks for responding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit