Disassociated

by Euphemism 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I just found out that the elders announced Meia's and my disassociation at the Service Meeting this week. They'd called me on Monday and told me that they were going to; I fired off an appeal letter the next day, and hadn't heard anything, so I thought they might have postopned the announcement. I just found out, however, that the meeting was held on Monday this week because the other congregation had the CO's visit. So that's that.

I've made sure to leave opportunities for legal action open (Meia and I tried baptism nullification); but a decision on whether or not to pursue that will probably have to wait until the response to the appeal (if any). As long as there's some chance of maintaining contact with our families, legal action is not a step I would take; but then again, if we can keep some contact, the main goal we had in avoiding dfing or daing would be accomplished anyway.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

You don't seem so happy.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    You don't seem so happy.

When you have family who are still in, you don't want that to happen. Seems totally logical to me.

So sorry Dan. I haven't heard that you can appeal disassociation. It is considered to be your choice, not an action taken against you. They read that you disassociated yourselves, you know.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I can understand that Mulan. for everyone circumstance is different. I on the other hand felt very liberated.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Then again I did not dissasociate myself I was df. If I am comprehending this correctly one is dissasociated because he willingly chooses not to be a witness? If that is the case shouldn't you be happy?

• nilfun
    nilfun

I hope you both will be able to continue to interact with your families; hang in there you two.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((Dan & Meia)))

Thinking of you. It brings me back nearly 18 years ago. I was df'd, appealed and the appeal hearing turned out to be a real mockery. Thinking back, I think it was good to me, since it spared me losing more time and energy within when it had become meaningless. But on the moment it was quite painful.

Please keep us informed.

Take care,

Narkissos

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

No one likes to be labeled. The borg, unfortunately, labels quite a bit. They judge and they label, and that is the nature of their faith.

When one chooses not to believe in what they teach at some point, and remove themselves from their influence, one would have to believe they would make some sort of explanation to the congreation. In protecting the control they try to maintain on the remaining members, they attempt to make them believe that one's leaving are first "weak" and "unchristian", and then "those who wish to pursue the ways of the world in sin and debachery." We know in our hearts that this is not true, but we cannot control how they behave towards us. We cannot control what they say or what they do. We can only control how we react.

If we just let go and relax and let them do whatever it is they are going to do--without our actively participating in the process--we can experience true freedom from their control. In many ways, the world is full of gossipers and that is just a fact of life, no matter who we are, or where we live, or with whom we associate. All we can do, is hold our heads up high and SMILE big. It makes the others wonder what you've been up to!

/<

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Dan, Sorry it's going wrong. Sounds like they took the low road on ya.

I got so fed up with them and their low life ways, I went out and went public. I wanted to be free of them. I didn't want anything held over me by them. Anybody who shunned me went to their team and out of my life. I only wanted people around me who would accept me being me. I have not regretted that decision. I am not anonymous because I don't have anything to loose to them. I post under my real name and use my real e-mail address and I defy them to mess with me or my family. I still have dirty laundry on the local elders that would make the front page of the daily paper. Dare me to use it.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

(( Dan & Meia ))

Sorry this has happened. I know you guys were trying very hard to avoid it. Give us a call if you'd like to chat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit