The future of young Witnesses

by john.prestor 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

There's a convention being held near my hometown, and as I was passing by I saw a father taking his young children for a walk outside. They couldn't have been more than five or six. And I wondered what would happen to those children, what they would experience at school and in their adult life. I wondered if they would grow up repressed and anxious and fearful and full of guilt like I did, although I was not raised a Witness. I wondered if they would leave or stay, and what they would have to look back on at the end of their lives.

I thought about saying something, but I wouldn't know what to say, and I didn't feel it was appropriate. I just hope things turned out all right for them.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

What can you say?

Almost all of those children, will indeed grow up fearful, depressed (just from being dragged to an hours long meeting) and feel like they don't belong. Throw in the regular amount of the parents own problems and you have what a lot of born ins have to deal with.

But the good news (not theirs of course) is the internet. Also those handy smartphones and tablets. Makes it more possible they will escape when still young.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The internet is killing WT. These kids are not afraid to use the internet and the younger generation is NOT afraid to leave the cult. As time goes on, WT will continue to have a bad reputation. A reputation of destroying families. Not many will want to be affiliated with that reputation. The borg will continue to show it's true colors. It may never go away but will be recognized as a dangerous cult.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That's true, and I appreciate that reminder. Around 2/3rds of young Witnesses leave by young adulthood. I just know that early experiences shape you, that's something I'm still trying to come to terms with years later, and I wish they wouldn't (most likely) have to work through that baggage. It's depressing.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''But the good news (not theirs of course) is the internet. Also those handy smartphones and tablets. Makes it more possible they will escape when still young.''

Yes. Young dubs are a lot more 'savvy' when it comes to 'critical thinking' these days. They are a lot more 'tech savvy' than their predecessors. The internet is crippling the WT.

• Akid48
    Akid48

Well coming from a kid,at the age 5 or 6 the kid should (SHOULD) be ok but once they start thinking with there own mind it turns into a shit show.If they are big on telling people that they are a JW at school most kids will be dicks,or if they have a double life they will have a feeling of guilt for there hole life until they move out or just stop living a double life.

Most kids would move out when they can but there are still a good amount that stay because of family etc.

Trust me its shit trying to have a normal life like talking to friends hanging out with friends etc.Because they are worldly or your parents only want you talking to kids at the kingdom hall.

WT is really taking a shit on kids when it comes to there teachings.

If any kid is looking at this post for some reason I want to say a it might be could a double life to JW's but is really a NORMAL LIFE don't feel bad about living a ''double life''.

• freddo
    freddo

Toes Up said

"As time goes on, WT will continue to have a bad reputation. A reputation of destroying families. Not many will want to be affiliated with that reputation."

This.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Akid48 If any kid is looking at this post for some reason I want to say a it might be could a double life to JW's but is really a NORMAL LIFE don't feel bad about living a ''double life''.

Just want to repost for emphasis. Akid48 You are way smarter than I ever was, but as Nat King Cole sang

" They'll learn much more than I'll ever know!

And I think to myself what a wonderful world!"

And that is not only more true than ever but tremendously comforting
    John.Prestor

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''They'll learn much more than I'll ever know!

And I think to myself what a wonderful world!"

And that is not only more true than ever but tremendously comforting
    John.Prestor''

Yes. This is the ''information age''. People are a lot smarter than ever.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = they will become children of the Borg

Image result for brainwashed children

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit