New and questioning

by Purple 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Purple
    Purple

Hello and greetings from downunder land. So if this is a place where x Jehovah's Witnesses talk about stuff and are not promoting the religion why are there links to sites that promote everything witness???? Or have I misunderstood what this site is about? I have looked around different topics and kind of got the impression that this is to reveal the truth behind the truth so to speak and yet you point people back to the society. What am I missing?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm not sure what links back to the WTS you are talking about... but rest assured, most everyone here has left the bOrg.

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome purple! Nice to have you.

So you know the truth about the truth eh?

What post were you refering to?

Gumby

• Gopher
    Gopher

Purple -- welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place !!

The ads are selected by Google, and are done via a computer program based on keywords that the system locates on a given page. The ads are not pre-selected by the site owner. It's just a coincidence that some of the ads that pop up are items that support JW's, but you'll also see ads that feature books that tell the real truth (the "truth behind the truth") about the JW's. RIght now I'm seeing an ad for "Out of the Watchtower", a place that helps rescue Jehovah's Witnesses (according to the ad). The ads may change depending on when you view the thread.

Those ads help defray the cost of the site. However, this site is mostly about the discussions and the chatroom.

I hope that helps clear things up. Again, welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your participation here!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The ads are selected by Google, and are done via a computer program based on keywords that the system locates on a given page

Yeah... watch this!!!

Auto Parts, Import, Car, Truck, Engine, Shocks, Struts, Tires, Rims, Muffler, Window Tinting, Spark Plugs, Fuel Injectors

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn... didn't work

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Purple! I live in Dallas, Texas (though my profile says Virgin Islands -- that's a wish, not a reality!) and have been out almost two years after being a Witness all of my life. It took a lot to get me out, but it is absolutely the right decision for me.

I look forward to hearing your story!

Nina

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Purple! Big Howdy from Southern California (L.A.) Welcome to the board.... the more, the merrier. If you have any questions, just ask away.... we're quite a friendly bunch here (well, most of us ).

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi Purple,

Welcome

I read your biography, you'll fit in here just fine. You are in the right place. For any links you find to pro JW sites, you'll find 50 to sites showing the truth about the Troof.

I look FWD to your future posts.

Best,

Paul

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi purple...welcome to the forum

There are all kinds on this forum...variety it's the spice of life don't ya know.

Take care and enjoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit