If you were to design a new religion?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

2023 AGM changed everything. After covid in person ministry dropped right off. No more reporting hours was a necessary new light to hide this fact. But now in person ministry will drop off even more. Some won’t do anymore in person ministry ever again or hardly at all. This is the new JWLITE option.

Everyone loved zoom ministry, letter writing didn’t happen that much just a good old natter. I love zoom get togethers and the letter writing is just an excuse. Now we don’t have to go on in person ministry and nobody will know. But instead occasionally go to ministry groups and say you are going to do informal witnessing at shops or park. Then meet up for the coffee breaks.

Saturday morning groups can be something to look forward to as no more in person doors. Either informal witnessing which is an excuse to look around the shops or a nice walk around the park.

In person meetings are optional and sometimes very upbuilding and encouraging. But sometimes stay at home in your PJs on zoom without camera.

Ignore direction from the GB who tell you what to think instead of how to think. Far better this new JWLITE is to think for yourself. If someone is an evil person then I would shun them, but it will be my decision not because someone else told me to.

Any further direction from the GB needs to be thought about very carefully and then make your own mind up. And the new JWLITE option means you can voice your opinion that you don’t agree with the direction to take these injections or whatever. No thanks I’m going to disagree with the GB on this.

I also disagree about 1914. I don’t mind saying I think the GB are wrong about this and soon they will release new light that shows I was right.

If I am accused of causing devision in the congregation then I will say I’m feeling suicidal if I have a judicial committee. The new direction says no JD should take place while the person says it would make them suicidal.

So yes this new JWLITE can have all the good things with none of the bad things. If it turns out JW doctrine is wrong then you won’t look back with regret on a wasted life.

If JWs are right about all or at least a lot of things then your good either way as they now say last minute repentance
  • no-zombie
    no-zombie

ExbethelitenowPIMA, I think that it still would be a mistake to publicly voice your differences regarding the Governing Body and their teachings. Because if the trend we are seeing continues to develop, it could take 5 years before the Faith has toned down, but during that time, it still would be easy to get disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Even if others in the congregation may fully agree with you, remember that nothing changes until the very day the Governing Body publicly announces it. Thus while it may be frustrating, we must take comfort in knowing at least we are free in our minds and have the hope of sunnier days.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

If I were designing a religion, there would be no speculations or conjectures. The rules would be set in stone and truth and easily understood by all, ( that is impossibe for us today, as "truth" is open to conjectures and speculations as to the meaning of so many variables- give me simple!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Define "religion". Do you mean a collective of people who share the same values and beliefs? That is also called a "circle jerk".

Do you mean people who enjoy getting together for support and sharing of ideas? That is also called a "salon" group.

I've seen the ugly side of definition one, and the beauty of definition two. When I first left the church, I found a group of lovely people that enjoyed discourse and asking questions. We often had guest speakers on topics as diverse as attracting bluebirds to healthcare. The group lost a few key participants, and the host location was sold. I've often thought of trying to revive it, but it requires some dedicated individuals to keep it alive and interesting.

• peacefulpete
  • Simon
    Simon

The Book of Simon, Chapter 1:

1. There shall be no fat chicks, nor chicks with dicks, for they be men who hath gone mental.

2. If thy be ugly, try to standeth behind those with a more pleasant countenance, lest my eyes fall upon you.

3. If thy be shapely, please sit in the front two rows, and the lord loveth a low cut top.

My cult is going straight to the investigative journalist section!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I think I might combine my Mustardarian rituals with Simon's, clearly righteous, religion.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    no-zombie16 hours ago

ExbethelitenowPIMA, I think that it still would be a mistake to publicly voice your differences regarding the Governing Body and their teachings. Because if the trend we are seeing continues to develop, it could take 5 years before the Faith has toned down, but during that time, it still would be easy to get disfellowshipped for apostasy“

What do you mean 5 years no zombie?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    peacefulpete10 hours ago

Define "religion". Do you mean a collective of people who share the same values and beliefs? That is also called a "circle jerk".

Do you mean people who enjoy getting together for support and sharing of ideas? That is also called a "salon" group“

yes I love that video cakebuilding song

Even a group of people who like trainspoting could be called a religious group. I know some people are mad about a certain sport or activity like fishing it becomes a religion for them.

some on here are so focused on evolution it has become a religion.

some people are bored and lonely so they want to be part of something

im staying physically in because this new JWLITE suits me. Being agnostic inside the JWs is my new religion

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

ExbethelitenowPIMA ... it could take 5 years for the Organization to tone down to become effectively different. However say you are personally bothered by a particular doctrine (say the literal interpretation of the 144,000), you might get relief a bit earlier. Even then, the best you could say to your friends would be ... "finally, I always knew that the 144,000 was a symbolic number."

However on a another thing that you mention previously ...

You know all those clandestine bible study groups we heard about, in the end they all collapsed. It was either through people leaving the Faith on their own accord, because they realized that nothing was going to change without the GB's say so ... or they got ratted out. Its just what has historically happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit