If you were to design a new religion?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

What the JW sect has become and is slowly becoming is far more near what I thought could be a good religion based on the Bible.

No more counting hours and no more blindly following direction now they admit they are not inspired.

I would like to design a new sect inside the JWs. It has to be kept secret because the elders would not like it.

This new sect involves giving a tick every month or so saying you are still kindof active talking about the Bible.

Going to meetings occasionally and attending on zoom sometimes. Very rarely go to ministry groups but don’t ever do first call, just say you are doing street work and have a nice walk somewhere maybe the shops or the park. But don’t actually do anymore ministry.

Then go to all the coffee breaks and gatherings

This new secret sect inside the JW congregation will be easy and you can get more out of it than you put into it.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

If you feel like it give comments occasionally and even be on the school and give talks every now and then but this is not a requirement.

Most important part of this new secret sect inside the JW organisation is not to listen to the GB anymore now they have admitted they are not inspired and they are not infallible.

Do not follow the direction they give. Do not shun anyone ignore what they say. Do not tell kids to avoid further education if they want to go for it.

Do not listen to what they say instead look at what they do, invest in real estate and stack gold and silver.

plan for retirement, do not live as if their version of Armageddon is right around the corner.

But at the same time don’t lose your hope that the Bibles promises may come true and if the JWs are right then this new light says you could jump that side of the fence last minute.

Yes they have actually encouraged what I’m saying here without actually knowing how stupid they are sounding at this years AGM

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

A religion based on the Bible wouldn't be very new.

But if we were to design a new religion, I guess the idea would be to figure out what would serve humanity as a whole, instead of the smaller regional societies where most religions were born.

Encourage curiosity and inquiry. Promote learning and education. Encourage critical thinking and use of reason and logic. Promote generosity and the health of the community.

Condemn divisive and demeaning language. Condemn violence. Expect explanations instead of justifications. Discourage fallacious thinking.

I think those are useful as a starting framework.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

My religion is Agnosticism inside the JW congregation.

Im open to the possibility of evolution and atheism but keep a hope that the Bibles promises may come true.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst

This way no regrets that you wasted your life believing something that wasn’t true as so many JWs go through in later life.

But I’m open to the possibility that God is real and he wrote the Bible, maybe some version of the Bibles promises will come true. Having this hope is comforting

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

And the purpose of staying in would be what? To continue association with hardcore JWs?

Why would just leaving and seeking fellowship with other Christian groups not be better? Because you agree with some of the doctrines and not others?

Are you just interested in a JW-lite option with all the warm-feelies and none of the shunning?

If you are caught non-shunning you'll be made to account and maybe kicked out if you persist. So why bother staying in? What is the motivation?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

JW lite option, yes I love the sound of that 😁

that is me from now on. And yes I will ignore the shunning and all the other things I don’t agree with. What can they do? There is no more disfellowshipping now, if you say to have the JD would make you feel suicidal then it won’t happen.

Maybe a lot more previous hardline JWs will come over to this new JW lite option.

You asked what is the advantage well the answer is all the good association. And the protection being inside the congregation if something bad were to happen to you then you get well looked after.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The changes at the AGM are encouraging the new JWlite approach.

Even if you stop everything and wait to see if JWs were right then you could jump that side of the fence last min.

but my entire point is make sure you get more out of being in the cong than what you put into it

The new JW lite secret sect inside the JW sect is the best way to go.

You have the advantages of being in and not the disadvantages.

also you have you advantages of being out without the disadvantages

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

is it ok for atheists to be members of this new shadow jw religion ?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes of course especially if you think the Bible is an interesting book that has at least some value

• Biahi
    Biahi

But what can you do if you want to decorate for the holidays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit