So now what?

by Puternut 25 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

Welcome Puternut!

This is an excellent place to start, embarking on your new journey!

There are likeminded people here with simular stories as your own. Be ready to question everything you think you know, every assumption will be challenged! There are Christians, Agnostics, Pagans, Wiccans, Atheists and all other sort of people here including a few crackpots and a messiah or two!

Have Fun!

Greven

• Jesika
    Jesika

Welcome Puternut,

I posted to you earlier.......but somehow it got lost.............so I am here to welcome you again.

You will find many friends here!!!!!!!!! I know I have.

I ended up at this forum due to silentlambs and the Dateline airing.

Hope to see more from you.

Love,

Jes

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome, Ary.

j

• Puternut
    Puternut

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I am in Spokane Washington. There are a few more details in my profile if you want to know some more about me. Or you can send me a personal message and I welcome all new friends. All my immediate family, including my two daughters that are JW's have totally cut me off. I cannot even conduct formal family business. My oldest daugher graduated last year and I never got an invitation. She is getting married this year to a brother, and I know I won't be there for that either. I have raised her and we are very close, but now her family and friends are all discouraging ANY contact with me. Whether it's business or family responsibilities.

I am actually considering relocating, since there's not much left for me here in Spokane. I am glad to see so many responses here, it gives me a reason to keep on going. I have considered many other options.............

Ary

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi Puternut:

I am only about 2 hrs away from Spokane and am up there quite often for business. I'll drop you a note the next time I head your direction - maybe we can meet up and exchange stories! Of course.......I won't be heading that direction until I can shovel out of my driveway

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi Puternut,

Welcome to the forum; you are among friends.

I have been out of the JWs for 20 years and my advice is to make new friends ( non JW), and get involved with other non JW activiites. Do not look back. The hardest thing I can remember about leaving JWs was that my entire network of support was cut off, and having been raised in "the Truth"; I had to relearn an entire way of life ; and learn to integrate myself into "the world". It is not easy, but can and must be done.

I also recommend therapy; in my case, 2 years worth to help me get my life on track. Culture shock. It does get easier as time goes on. And the fog does lift. And life really is wonderful. And despite what we were taught as JWs; we really can do whatever we want, and more importantly; think for ourselves.

Keep your chin up; think positively and move forward with your life.

good luck and keep in touch; we are all cheering for you!

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit