Solicitors Visit Update

by pale.emperor 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get that your ex was probably hoping it was best for the child to simply have visits via her arrangement because she thinks it shields the daughter from the shunning issue, but it actually shields the JW's from their own shunning issue.

So good job.

• just fine
    just fine

😀 So happy for you. I tell my DF’d relatives that they do not have to let our JW relatives treat them disrespectfully.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

That's great! I'm glad it went so well for you.

But do yourself a favor and continue to document everything. In fact, document every time you give your other family permission to visit with your daughter and how it goes. Document any time your agreements with your wife are broken and any time you find out that anyone is having contact with your daughter without your permission.

• moreconfusedthanever
  • Listener
    Listener

Looks like time well spent.

The conditions Incognito has suggested are good. Although I don't know much about child custody cases, here in Australia we have a system where problems and issues are sorted out through an intermediary system first, in an attempt to avoid costly court battles.

If if you are to place conditions on your partner then they will generally not be accepted or seen as reasonable unless you agree to abid by the same restrictions yourself.

How would your partner feel if you were to take her to non JW religious activities? Often churches provide an after school story and play time once a week. It can be fun for the children but you may be totally against this idea yourself. It is also the wrong thing to do if you just intend to do this as a retaliation.

• Chook
    Chook

I’ve been busy for a few months Pale , I’m glad you still have the energy to nail this Church to its self titled stake. I genuinely wish you well my friend. I don’t possess the answers for child rearing, but I know you don’t get a practice run or get a second chance. I’m sure with lots of love your little girl will be fine. Keep this religion in your figurative gun sights.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

How would your partner feel if you were to take her to non JW religious activities? Often churches provide an after school story and play time once a week. It can be fun for the children but you may be totally against this idea yourself. It is also the wrong thing to do if you just intend to do this as a retaliation.

The mother has left the org herself only 3 weeks ago. She has a non JW boyfriend and they stay over at eachothers houses. Her family know but the rest of her congregation and my side of the family think she's simply stopped attending meetings.

We both agree that JW.borg is bullshit. We were both born in's an know what it's like and at the very least we both agree that we dont want our daughter raised as a JW. So no worry of her going to JW activities.

Personally, i'd rather they not even teach religion in school. In my home i collect hindu idols because im interested in Hindu mythology. She know's their names but doesnt for a second think they're demonic or naughty.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I hope this draws a line under it for you. Good grief, dealing with the jobos is a task and a half.

Personally, i'd rather they not even teach religion in school.

I agree 100%.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Interesting. In California, where I live, grandparents have absolutely NO rights concerning their grandchildren. None.

If the parents won't allow visits, the grandparents are S.O.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit