Construction Halts & other cutbacks - Here's what I think happened

by Listener 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stealth
    Stealth
    I would think that skilled union contractors might have problems working on a job site with unskilled, free volunteer labor.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    There is also a lawsuit that a man, presumably a JW, was bringing against the Borg for a jobsite accident late last year or earlier this year. Not sure if it was connected to the crane accident. I was searching through civil filings against the Watchtower and stumbled across it. If I can find the pdf, I'll post a link to it. I'm not sure if the man has a case, but his lawyer must think so. They may be afraid that additional lawsuits could be on the horizon.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Regardless of why it's happening, Watchtower took the members' money away and spend it foolishly because of not calculating the costs.
  • Actigall Ur
  • millie210
    millie210

Very well written and logically based original post Listener, thank you for taking the time to write that out.

Two things I am still puzzled over though,

1) The letter read at the special elders meeting last Jan. (2014) detailing a ramped up building work.

What could have happened since that point? If not "something happened", then something they became aware since that letter that happened earlier?

2) The look, attitude, demeanor of Anthony Morris on that morning worship video a month ago.

He looked and acted devastated. He was incapable of hiding it. What had he just become aware of?

So it may very well be what you stated. But how, with all the accountants and quarterly reports etc did they believe they were poised to ramp up hugely?

How could they have thought that? Because the letter (in order to be read in January) had to have been composed about this time last year.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They have been acting just like a guy who took out a loan from the mob then thought the mob boss was going to get wacked so they wouldnt have to pay back the loan. Then one day the mob boss shows up with some of his goons and says its time to pay up, you have a week to get me my money.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, Morris definitely did look ''shook up'', like something just hit him in the gut knocking his wind out of him.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here's a thought. If you were in the Union, anywhere near Warwick, you'd be pissed that the City Council of Warwick was allowing non-Union volunteers do the work. That's is shit-load of potential income that you won't get!

From what I understand, the relationships between contractors and the city Council can be, shall we say, symbiotic in nature. If I was a player in Warwick, I would be watching the Dubs like a hawk. If they did anything that violated even a minor code, I would report it.

Then I would be happy to offer my worldly services, for the proper dollar amount. This would help Jeehoober, the City ( and Council members ) and my bank account. It's a win/win!!!

That's only speculation, but when huge $$$ is a stake.... If I was a big time contractor, I'd be playing hardball with the WTBTS.

DD

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I heard that in past projects (don't know about Warwick) the heavy steel work was done by outside contractors with union labor. Then the internal work was all done by volunteer workers. I think it likely that there is a mixture of outside contractors and JW volunteers (many amateurs). Not a good combination.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think Listener's right on the money.

'Specially the bit about the Org having lots of (unliquidated) assets, but hurting for revenue flow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit