Automatic Donations Introduced Online

by JW_Rogue 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They need people to be as poor as possible. Joke-hova doesn't need the money, but if people have money, it is harder for that thing to harvest their souls than if they were destitute and depending on that monster abomination for their sustenance.

I will not do anything with that system. And I mean nothing. They want a card number, I will simply give them a bad number and tell them that, if they can't get anything out of that account (which doesn't exist), then joke-hova doesn't deserve the money or for me to depend on its abominable self. And if I do have money that I "need" to spend, there is always such a thing as buying another roll of silver quarters or a few Australia Kookaburras.

• carla
    carla

I wonder what happens when a ubm finds these 'recurring' payments and stops payment or disputes them!

• sparky1
    sparky1

"If you can't beat 'em, you might as well join them"-New Motto of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

This is actually be a good thing! By giving donations, the paper trail is much stronger.

In 40 or perhaps even 20 years from now, I believe it would be possible to see a class action against Jehovah's witnesses for purposefully lying (outright lies, misquotations, withholding information) to their members, thereby, acquiring donations that they would not have received otherwise.

With electronic donations, it will be much easier for the courts to establish the amount of money given and thereby establish the penalty.

This is the definition of fraud in canada:

Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretense within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,

When you appear on the media and tell people you do not shun disfellowshipped family, misquote scientists, say that the pedophilia problem is "apostate driven lies", baptize kids without giving them "the full picture", distributing misguided information about blood and hiding how many died after refusing transfusions, etc.

These in particular have nothing to do with beliefs. They are deliberate lies and deception outside of central belief systems. This is why I believe they can be held accountable.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am going to second StephaneLaliberte's point of view.....it's right on.

• Sliced
    Sliced

The new JW Motto: Baptised at 10, slaving for the org for LIFE, oh, and, automatic payment plan for your icecream money STARTS NOW!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Oh, and for those who aren't computer savvy an Elder can show you how to set it up!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This is actually old news. They have had this functionality about two years.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    This is actually old news. They have had this functionality about two years.

That's weird, wonder why they announced it then? Maybe, not many people are signing up on their own?

• mann377
    mann377

I posted this some time ago: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6640676084121600/registering-jw-org

They keep reminding one at the meeting of how to do this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit