Registering with JW.org

by mann377 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mann377
    mann377

So the wife was sick and stayed home from the meeting. She tuned in through the phone so she could listen. She had the phone on speaker and therefore I could overhear what was said. I was shocked to hear at the end of the meeting a part about registering with JW.org and putting your credit card on as part of your registering. As this would make it easier to donate to the world wide work. If any needed help in registering the elders were there to help. I about came out of my seat! I knew something like this may happen some day BUT when I heard I could not help in thinking: What a scam! Now we have tithing in this form. And the WTBTS can keep records of who gives and how much. More reasons for the Gestapo elders to pay a visit when your donations are not up to par. Has anyone on the forum heard this or know anything about this? I know what I heard!

• stillin
    stillin

And I watched "The Broadcast" yesterday. It was all about trusting the GB.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

First I've heard of that arrangement, but I saw this coming for a long time. Automatic credit card charges or debits every month. Elders and MS will especially be "encouraged" to set this up so that they are "exemplary".

Image result for its all about the money

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

JDubs just finally catching up with Christendom!

*** g03 8/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***
    Plastic Card Donations
    “A growing number of Canadian churches” are adopting “modern banking practices, introducing bank cards and credit cards as convenient ways for parishioners to make collection-plate donations,” says the Vancouver Sun newspaper. Debit machines have been placed in church halls along with “donation envelopes with options for automatic account withdrawal and credit card payment.” Individuals simply swipe their card, key in the amount they wish to donate, and then put a copy of the receipt in the collection plate. As one pastor stated: “A cashless society is where society is going. Why not the church?” A church treasurer joked: “You get air-miles on your card, plus you go to heaven for donations. Just think of it as double reward points.”

*** g73 12/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***
    Church Money
    ◆ Some religious organizations are going to new ends to acquire money. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church in Buffalo, New York, now accepts credit cards, not just cash donations. One finance committee member says: “A church can’t survive on 50-cent [cash] donations.” Credit-card donations are up to $30. Admission is now being charged visitors to London’s thirteenth-century Salisbury Cathedral. A London Observer article calls this “a last-ditch attempt to find a way of meeting the desperate need for funds.”

• sparky1
    sparky1

The 'brave new world' of "Big Data" is here! Jehovah needs cash and his henchmen, the Governing Body, are now using 'predictive analytics' and 'big data' to follow your every move. They used these tools to determine how, when and where to set up the congregations shuffle and Kingdom Hall selloff. Now they will use these same tools and the corresponding data base to 'dip into your wallet' whenever necessary.

• jp1692
    jp1692

If ya' can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

And i can see the org contacting the elderly and convincing scamming them into making it a fixed amount every month. Just so they won't have to go through all the hassles of remembering..... And then little by little, secretly increasing the amount for "inflation"

• steve2
    steve2

I can live with the ease of "arrangements" to help siphon off people's money - hey its a religion so what else do you expect?

But the back-tracking hypocrisy is astonishing in its unapologetic verve. The more time that passes, the more JW organization embraces the very practices it has scorned.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Thanks for the heads-up. I will be checking accounts my wife has cc access to for this type of charge. I wonder if they will try to make it look inoculous or it will be something obvious ?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This calls for a new Credit card used exclusively with the watchtower. One which has a exceedingly low charge limit and will send a text to a phone every time it has a charge and how much the charge is!

Surely there are such things out there for parents of teens or pre-teens teaching them how to use credit cards responsibly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit