Automatic Donations Introduced Online

by JW_Rogue 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Even if a person dies, the WT will keep withdrawing I bet, until caught.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If they d'fed you and start shunning you will they terminate your recurring payments?

Not only "No", but "HELL NO!"

How soon before spirituality is measured by the size of your donation?

It already is. I personally know a guy who was guilty of tax fraud, embezzlement, cheating on his wife, drunkenness, lying, and unemployment fraud, who was appointed as an eldurr because he used a large amount of the embezzled monies as "contributions" to the congregation. It didn't hurt that he employed all the elder body either.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

As I have mentioned in the past. I strongly believe The website will eventually be one that the members must join for a monetary, recurring, "donation" fee to "help support the website" and "donate to the WWW".

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

they have implemented recurring payments "because the hard part about donating is remembering to donate," they actually said that! I thought the hard part was giving away your money and getting less than zero in return LOL

Giving it away is easy. The really hard part is making the money.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The obvious question from me is why does an ALMIGHTY GOD NEED MONEY TO DO ANYTHING ?

if he needs money to accomplish his works in this system of things he can`t be a" GOD ALMIGHTY."

Because if he needs money in a world he has allowed to exist ? Giving Satan free reign for thousands of years well isn`t it obvious ?

Haggai 2:8...." The silver is mine and the gold is mine is the utterance of Jehovah of armies"

So why doesn`t he cough up and pay his own way instead of asking kids to give up their ice cream money ?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    The obvious question from me is why does an ALMIGHTY GOD NEED MONEY TO DO ANYTHING ?

He doesn't need it. However, he gives us the privilege of supporting his earthly organization not only with all our time preaching but also by giving money regularly. Isn't that loving of him?

• sir82
    sir82
    This is actually old news. They have had this functionality about two years.

That's weird, wonder why they announced it then? Maybe, not many people are signing up on their own?

You've been able to donate to the worldwide work online thru jw.borg for years.

The new part, just added this year, is now you can donate to your local congregation thru the website.

Which, actually, is kind of dumb. Congregations have a "standing resolution" to send hundreds or thousands of dollars to the WTS every month, so even if you select "donate to local congregation", the money ends up at Bethel anyway.

Nice racket, eh?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Definition of world wide work by the WTS. .... = spreading a corrupt commercialized tainted Gospel through a publishing house designed by disloyal corrupt lying men.

All the leaders ( GB men ) and past presidents of the WTS. were the real Evil Slave Class and will pay for the sinful corruption and disloyalty to god. $$$$$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit