Automatic Donations Introduced Online

by JW_Rogue 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

This was announced a couple of weeks ago on the CLAM. You can now donate to any congregation, the worldwide work, and assemblies online. Further they have implemented recurring payments "because the hard part about donating is remembering to donate," they actually said that! I thought the hard part was giving away your money and getting less than zero in return LOL

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes...just set it and forget it. They are no different than any other church. WT has morphed into something we don't even recognize anymore. So glad we are out!!! Never to return!!!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

If they d'fed you and start shunning you will they terminate your recurring payments?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JW ROGUE:

I wonder what happens, though, if not enough people sign up for such a program as you mention? Will they exert pressure on them? The “hard part” would not just be somebody giving away money and getting zero in return but being criticized for having the decent job or career in the first place.

On the similar recent thread on the possibility of tithing:..a doubting poster said the topic was brought up ten years ago, etc...However, much has happened here in the U.S. in ten years.

For one thing, the faithful elderly who contribute the most are passing away! There’s NO way the generation after them would ever give as much or see the religion in the sainted light these elderly do...The religion must realize this and why they would introduce something like this.

TOES UP:

Like you, I am glad I left the JW religion years ago. I would never tolerate what they’ve turned into.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Longhairgirl - For one thing, the faithful elderly who contribute the most are passing away! There’s NO way the generation after them would ever give as much or see the religion in the sainted light these elderly do

But these generation do overlap.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If they d'fed you and start shunning you will they terminate your recurring payments?

And would they give back all you have donated beforehand ?

I think it would be no to both questions.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Recurring payments"... hmmm was does that remind me of...

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

They want to be included as one of your creditors that gets paid with auto-debit. Maybe they'll start reporting to a credit bureau for you. Or start one of their own.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

How soon before spirituality is measured by the size of your donation?

If God needs your money so bad why doesn't he remind people to give?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Overlapping" payments? 😜

Seriously though, this organisation is simply not recognisable anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit