The Society is gonna let you off your homework kids!

by nicolaou 57 Replies latest social family

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

From the current (UK) edition of 'Our Kingdom Ministry'.

Take a close look at paragraph 4. Am I the only one who can see the old pattern of the 1980's re-emerging? I had thought that the Watchtower had begun to take a more reasonable approach to the secular education of it's members children yet here they are again in 2004 willing to jeopardise the education these young people receive for the sake of indoctrination and control.

They are limited to growth from within the congregations and so the grip they exercise over these young ones can only continue to strengthen.

Depressing.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

it's bloody offensive

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Disgusting - disobey the secular authorities becasue God commands us to attend all the meetings - yes some employees have explained to their managers they did not have the report on his/her desk because it was a meeting night -- how long would they last in that job?

• City Fan
    City Fan

I can remember staying up till midnight and beyond on Thursday nights trying to finish homework.

Thankfully my parents let me stay off the meetings on nights before exams, obviously going against society rules.

• shamus
    shamus

It would be different if it was only one meeting a week. Unfortunately, they have 3 meetings, plus field service, plus personal bible study, plus family bible study, plus all the other garbage...

They are sick.

• freein89
    freein89

makes me sick, because of the number of meetings per week, this will seriously jeopardize a childs education. Clueless old codgers who never had a kid find it easy to say such a thing. I can see teachers pulling their hair out trying to explain to the parents of these poor children that they cannot and should not excuse their children from their school work.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

That is in line with YPA from Awake 1/22/2004 "How do i find time for my homework?" (translated from german)

Maybe someone can scan and post a copy?

here is a discussion on a german board:
    http://www.infolink-forum.de//messages/774/6729.html?Dienstagden6Januar20041419

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I remember with great regret how tired my little ones were the morning after a meeting, even before the homework started to hit. I don't remember my parents ever letting me out of a meeting for homework, though, but I don't remember having as much homework as the kids of today do.

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if some "drifters" are using homework as an excuse for not attending meetings.

• metatron
    metatron

Keep a copy of this handy for court custody cases or other venues where Witnesses spill propaganda about how great they

are. It may help prove what scofflaws and fanatics they are ordered to be.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit