Knowing What You Know Now---Would YOU Try To Persuade a Potential JW?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think people get shocked when they see the effects due from disfellowshipping. If they CLEARLY knew that they should NEVER talk to a friend or relative living outside the home, it's scary to look at their faces. No one thinks any religion would go so far as to stop talking to a loved one and even view them as dead!!!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Absolutely. I already have. I have shared my experience and select books with several people who have mentioned that someone was calling on them or that they knew of someone. I would feel like I was doing a disservice if I didn't tell them what I knew so that they could make an informed decision- something I was not given the choice to do.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I've been saying it for a while now: more ex's than current Dubs means that the chances of an ex meeting a study and having an opportunity to disuade the potential convert are getting better all the time. And the organisationally sanctioned unfair treatment of the ex's provides a missionary zeal to stop the potential Dub from falling into the same trap. IOW, the org has fallen into yet another hole that it has dug itself.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You bet! To use a WT example, if you knew a train was going to crash, would you not try to help everyone on board to get off?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i go out of my way to find jw's in the street. and get a phone number or look to hit on a weak one. on a good week while driving at work, i may run into some 20-50 jw's . i confront next to all of them. and have some nice talks and some wild arguements. but i always plant some seeds. i can not say for sure but i think i helped one elder step down after 2 years on the phone with him. and i have talked at lenght with some others on the phone . and at k halls , i get invited and take my new friend right to the hall library. i find the current wt teaching that jesus inspected all religions from 1914-1918 and choose the wt in 1919. to be one that no jw can stand behind. all i say is i want to be as convinced like jesus was in 1918 . so get out the old books till 1918 , and we both will be as happy as jesus was then!!!!!!!!! i've never had a taker yet on that study. john

• freelife
    freelife

I would tell them to RUN RUN RUN FROM THE LIES BEFORE THEY DESTROY YOUR LIFE. I would do everything in my ability to try to show them that they should not get mixed up in the madness.

• micheal
    micheal

If it were the truth, of course. But since it is not, why waste their life time.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I doubt any of my friends would ever consider studying with let alone joining the JWs. When they know the real truth about the Watchtower it puts them off a bit. They also know what questions to ask when JWs come calling. I think my anti-JW ministry is far more effective than my old pro JW ministry. I think I should send my negative hours FS report to the Watchtower Society to have them subtract time from their WW Work.

Thirdson

• minimus
    minimus

Johnny, how do you run into so many JWs?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

It would depend on whether I liked the person or not.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit