Political Discussions

by Heatmiser 60 Replies latest social current

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I don't know why people are crying ... about politic discussion ... It is exactly the same as religious discussion (even connected or related sometimes)

What I've seen is in majority 2 points of views here

(1) Pro-Bush (applausing everything event known wrong)
    as JWS ? for the the GB

(2) Pro-world (truying to get the point about the wrong side)
    as JWDS ? against the WTBS
    (so logicaly at the moment against Bush ... sorry NOT OUR FAULT !!!)

AGAIN DO YOU THINK THAT THE WORLD SHOULD SHUT UP ... (Will you shut up when you will have to kneel down in front of China !) remember they reach the space without you notice it !

WE NEED and WE can find a way out. Only if we are able to discuss about it ... as far as we can't talk about it that means that they will win cause their strategy "divide and rule" as you can see works quiet well.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    SLH : My question to all on the forum is, are you active in your community's politics ? If you are, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yeah but you have to remember that to fight against Major groups ... (they can kill you know) ... you need a MASSIVE MOVE OF PEOPLE ... how are you doing that without talking to each other about the good and the wrong of what they doing OUT OF THE POLITIC CIRCLE ? (otherwise they zapping you - no media - or over mediation on their side, black mails, treatenings - Means "we are gonna put you down in a way or an other ! "... that's how it works)

We can be actors or followers ... but actors need a MASSIVE SUPPORT ... or they are playing with their lives !!!

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

actually it was guesst 77 who put that question, but I disagree with you anyway.

Do you remember the guy with the shopping bags in Tianamen square Beijing China? One person can make all the difference. The monks in Southern Vietnam who set fire to themselves to protest the US invasion moved public opinion, the photographer who got the picture of the Southern vietnamese policeman shooting a protestor in the head, Lek Valedsa in Poland who started a democratic movement. All these are people who have changed history and stood for what they believe in. One person can change the world, all you need is the courage to stand for your convictions when your moment comes.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Do you remember the guy with the shopping bags in Tianamen square Beijing China? One person can make all the difference. The monks in Southern Vietnam who set fire to themselves to protest the US invasion moved public opinion, the photographer who got the picture of the Southern vietnamese policeman shooting a protestor in the head, Lek Valedsa in Poland who started a democratic movement (A). All these are people who have changed history and stood for what they believe in. One person can change the world, all you need is the courage to stand for your convictions when your moment comes.

Well as you can see we do not desagree !!!

Well some people are trying do you listen to them (A) ??? or do (B) we need them to set themself in fire first ...

(A) why do you think we need to (B) talk first ...

• wednesday
    wednesday

Frenchie,

first-u are so sweet!

Yes life is all about politics. I am pro Bush, but i have concerns. I am worried about medicare, and the anti pain medication wave that has hit the nation. I have serious chronic pain and am lucky my doc believes in treating pain. so many politicans are against this and actually making it an issue. Also, insurance companies are being forced to pay per parity for mental health. We have to keep this. Those who need disability find it difficult to get it. Our healthcare system is run by insurance companies and it stinks!!!! But with all this said, i know that without securing the safety of our nation, u can forget the rest. So for now, i'm going pro Bush, b/c safety has to come first.I am listening to all sides and will be very much interested in what the democratics have to offer. It isn't election day yet, and many things can happen.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Wednesday : b/c safety has to come first.

You know, I understand your reasons ... (very well ... in fact, it seems that I'm not able to express myself in the right way ... Ok ... I'm bit short cause I have an appointement in 1:30 hours but here is a try)

YOU ARE NOT SAFE ... that is what I'm scared about ... that is why I'm warning you about CHINA (when they worrying about oil - other are taking over in the real major economy and media fields) when oil is a ressources for only 50 years left even less if your country get down before ! ... So which safety is it about ? : you can't get what you need from you gov on internal needs ... and they missleading your country in picking the wrong choices economical choices ...

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Wednesday here's another interesting site you may want to ckeck out.

http://www.givemeliberty.org Read about 'Simkanin.' There are other topics that are of interest. Some of the contributors were former IRS agents.

Guest 77

• logansrun
    logansrun

"It's gettin hot in here,

So take off all 'yer clothes...."

B.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

People often say, with pride, "I'm not interested in politics." They might as well say, "I'm not interested in my standard of living, my health, my job, my rights, my freedoms, my future or any future."
    -- Martha Gellhorn

• avishai
    avishai
    They told me that they had voted to legalise pot use, allow euthanasia and had ensured that the Roe V Wade precedent could not be undermined,

I am from OR. and voted for all of these things. However, I'm also fairly conservative, fiscally. I believe in the original republican ethic of "less government". I don't feel the patriot act falls under that. I don't trust the Bush family. I don't trust Bob Dole or Howard Dean, either.I don't want the government messing with me. If I'm not hurting anyone, leave me alone. If I do, lock my ass up.

Another thing. I look like I could be of arabic descent at times, if I have a good tan. I get searched in airports more. Train station attendants look at me funny. Do I have a problem with this? No. I insist on it. Racial profiling sux, but it has become a necessary evil in this country.

So, yes, I am conservative In MANY ways. Does it make me more intolerant? No. Dissent is one of the great things that make this country great. Can "liberals" be intolerant? Absolutely! I've had people tell me not to call my dog a pet, but a companion animal, or leave the coffee shop. I've been told by liberals that if I did'nt share their views, I was a "fascist" (oh, the irony.....)

Conservatives have often been the target for being intolerant. Some of them are, especially the cartoon character conservatives like Bob Jones, Of Bob Jones Universtiy. Because of this, there is a prevailing opinion that liberals are incapable of being intolerant. If you think that's so, try going into a womyns coffee shop, or any number of university's & expressing your first amendment rights. I've been thrown out of womyn's studies classes in major university's for merely stating that there have been Goddess religions that were violent, warlike. Think about it, whichever "side" you are on. Both "sides" have serious blind spots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit