Political Discussions

by Heatmiser 60 Replies latest social current

• Englishman
    Englishman

Stacey,

You're saying that left-wing can run and right wing can't?

OK, can we discuss this in a heat-free atmosphere?

Englishman.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well Sixo I agree anyway with your point of view ... till now SO
    (it was only to precise ... we can't take bad action also ... and get what we deserve)

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Mike I'm not certain what you mean by "can run" but what I am saying is it's obvious to all that anything left wing is allowed on this site. Wouldn't you agree? Almost agree?

Heat free is fine with me. I'm not one to get angry over this stuff. Should I leave the site or be banished from the site my life will continue without skipping a beat.

I feel that Simon allows people such as myself or Yeru or Dakota to have power over him. I don't know why he allows anyone to have power over him. I have backed way off on polictical threads because I enjoy posting here and am fully aware if I post something he strongly disagrees with that I will be reduced or have my privledges completly taken away as he recently did to Dakota, again.

Rather than discuss a political thread without getting heated Simon will "punish" right wing posters. A way of regaining his power?

If we had no power over him he wouldn't be getting angry with us. He wouldn't have posted that Iraqi scientist thread last night. That was very much designed to strike back at Yeru. It served no other purpose.

I've reached the end of my limited posting privledges with this post.

Simon I know you think you are fair minded and balanced but I urge you to really honestly think about that. You do exactly what you don't allow others to do. It's your site and as you've told me before, might makes right. So you have the might here with your moderator tools.

Still Simon, think about it.

• Simon
    Simon
    No of course not Mike but the Brit owner of this Brit site allows anything left wing to run forever and even starts his own proproganda threads with only his views allowed.

Utter bollocks. I've had topics locked but just dno't bleat about it.

I've had my posting privledges reduced only because I have polar political views and because I might insult Simon.

No. You ahve had your posting limit lowered because you have persistently insulted me.

Is it fair?

Yes. Might is right ... so I've been told.

I have not seen a single intelligent political debate on this forum mainly because it isn't allowed. It's one way or the highway. I don't participate in any of them any longer. I won't. It's gotten beyond stupid.

You are not capable of intelligent political debate IMO.

Simon you should examine yourself. You are every bit as guilty as Yeru is. Both of you have posted threads intended to insult. Your Iraqi scientist thread was a prime example.

Wrong. I post on plenty of topics and threads about lots of stuff. Some people have a clear agenda of posting almost nothing but political dogma.

• Simon
    Simon

Just one thing I'd like to point out ...

These right-wing dogmatists like to bleat about how unfair everything is but honestly, if the roles were reversed and someone wanted to post liberal views on a site run by a right-wing neo-con, do you imagine they would be treated as patiently or even allowed a voice?

No, of course not. Anyone who had contrary political views would be kicked off straight away.

Forgive me for not giving a flying fig about your feeling hard-done by ... I've given you warning after warning about the insults and you just keep on with them.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Stacey,

OK, fair enough. I do feel that the people that you mention, such as Dakota, do have an agenda bordering on right wing propaganda, and that this propoganda dominates their threads almost entirely to the exclusion of any other subject. Too be honest I don't read it much because I find that degree of patriotism to be vexatious. It's sort of almost insulting to one's intellect IMHO.

Now, by the same token, I do note that threads by Simon, Pleasuredome and ISP, will almost always be of the anti-war, anti-establishment type generally. These too I find to be equally vexatious and irritating, even though I know these lads personally and would trust them with most things dear to me. I find both opposite ends of the political spectrum that each side promulgates to be excessive and frustrating to one's intelligence. It's all a total pain in the arse and I am heartily sick of it.

If Dakota or Simon were to stand in a pub with me and expound their political beliefs I would probably just nod politely and wonder when the hell they were going to shut up and enjoy the beer.

Aren't I awful?

Englishman.

Englishman.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mike, you poor thing. I know this is upsetting you. Don't worry, this to shall pass.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Simon said to Stacey:

No. You ahve had your posting limit lowered because you have persistently insulted me

Ah. So the limits weren't reduced because of political opinions but because Stacey insulted Simon? That would seem to be reasonable in that case.

Englishman.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I love my President and I love my country, even if others may view him/us as self-serving imperialists!

Many people think that allegiance to/love for the president is somehow patriotic and synonymous with love of country. They are of course wrong, in that if the president is hurting the country, then allegiance to/love for him is anything but patriotic. For whatever reason, these people had no trouble understanding this when Clinton was president.

• lastcall
    lastcall
    Many people think that allegiance to/love for the president is somehow patriotic and synonymous with love of country. They are of course wrong, in that if the president is hurting the country, then allegiance to/love for him is anything but patriotic. For whatever reason, these people had no trouble understanding this when Clinton was president.

LOL! Six --so true.

LC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit