Here in Europe...
There is always another way when you are determined to kill a lot of people
- August 17, 2017, Barcelona, Spain — A van plowed into pedestrians in the Las Ramblas tourist area, killing 13 and injuring more than 100, according to officials.
- June 3, 2017, London, England — A van was driven into crowds on London Bridge, after which the attackers left their vehicle and stabbed several people in the area. Seven people were killed and nearly 50 injured.
- April 7, 2017, Stockholm, Sweden — A truck was driven into a Swedish department store, killing four people.
- March 22, 2017, London, England — An SUV drove into crowds in London near Parliament. Four people were killed by the vehicle, and one police officer was stabbed after the driver left the vehicle.
- December 19, 2016, Berlin, Germany - A truck was driven into crowds at a Christmas market, killing 12 people.
- July 14, 2016, Nice, France — A truck was driven into crowds on Bastille Day, killing 86 people.
Most mass shooters had a reason beforehand they should have been locked up, and that the very least flagged in the database, why weren't they? Why don't we start there
Most gun deaths in America are NOT "assault weapons"
People scream about gun show loopholes, ok, that is fine, but people like Stephen Paddock and this recent nutjob didn't need loopholes.
Most gun deaths are also suicides
Most of Americas gun violence is by people with illegal guns
Hotspots in America for gun violence already have extremely draconian gun laws in place that do nothing.
So crying ban guns is a prescription some come up with. The reality of that happening is not likely so why beat that to death? You are NOT going to repeal the 2nd amendment. You want to ban so called "assault" weapons, ok... Columbine was handguns and shotguns... virginia tech shooter used two handguns and killed 33 people! one of the guns was a 22!!
Let's be honest about this problem. Mass shooting with an AR15 seems like a symptom to me, not the problem, and the goal should be to remove the problem. Then logically look at the other symptoms. This whole thing could have been prevented if the system in place did its job.