Bump stock ban amendment fails

Assault Weapons Ban amendment fails

Trigger lock requirement amendment fails

Private sale ban amendment fails

Gun registry amendment fails

Fail fail fail.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I'm for the idea of the gun violence restraining order. I think it gives people who know someone who is a potential risk to others some power. Reporting it to law enforcement evidently isn't enough.

I'm also all for beefing up security with armed officers in an enclosed campus. Teachers with guns? That's a terrible idea.

If we could actually have consequences for students who are not law-abiding...that would be great too. I can't understand how it's easier to buy cocaine/pot/opioids at the local high school than any sketchy neighborhood I know of.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Cold Steel

The Bible, the U.S. Constitution, even the Second Amendment have something in common. They were written by HUMANS, who were addressing problems of their society in their own time. None is infallible and all of those documents would be outdated if it were not for the fact we explicitly or implicitly amend them.

The short version: The hell with the Second Amendment if you are trying to sell it to me as gospel. It ain't.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The second amendment isn't just about guns, it's about how a country was set up with

CITIZENS not SUBJECTS

America is not a democracy, it's a republic where the

GOVERNMENT is accountable to the PEOPLE (not the other way around)

Call it outdated, but the human potential for tyranny didn't go away magically. It's still real, and just because you live in a relatively nice western culture, don't think it ever will.

America is about liberty, and it will never be perfect or without consequences, but it's not for everyone.

Don't like it?

1. Change it
    2. Accept it and shut up
    3. Or leave
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” — Ben Franklin
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

American kids should have to take mandatory military service from 18-24. I bet that would change a lot of things without having to radically change gun laws.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FREEMINDFADE:

I totally agree with you. Very many people are not aware of American History. Yes, freedom isn’t free and just because people live in a nice Western culture doesn’t mean it will always stay that way!

The situation in the country is tragic and many factors are involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit