Another School Shooting: The Gun Violence/Mental Illness Debate Continues

by jp1692 105 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Angry people are dangerous and shouldn't own firearms

Very profound we can all learn from your wisdom ! carry on

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just to reiterate ... why did the Vegas shooter choose his AR-15 with a Bumpstock attached than the other guns he owned ?

Come on boys you can try and be honest .... Jesus is watching you right now

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    So you need data to back something that is so easy to contemplate and rationally understand..

I like basing my opinions on facts, you should give it a shot.

Hint = put the drugs down, stop cruising pro gun sites with all of its biased up information and rationalize what your thinking and saying.

Drugs are so cool. like guns! I already showed you, Los Angeles Times and the DOJ crime statistics are not progun sites unless I missed something, you can keep saying the same lies over and over and over it won't make them true.

You can do your own thinking now , your not in a mind controlling cult anymore.

Thanks

Just to reiterate ... why did the Vegas shooter choose his AR-15 with a Bumpstock attached than the other guns he owned ?

No idea, and neither you or anyone else knows. Intellectual honesty. I can tell you that AR's are relatively cheap, lightweight. Although for the amount of money he spent on all those 47 guns and BS. he could have probably actually bought a couple of fully automatic machine guns. He could have been more dangerous. But most importantly once again class....

The human desire to kill is far more deadly than any weapon

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

If we focus on mass shootings as a means of understanding how to reduce the number of people killed by guns in America, we’re likely to implement laws that don’t do what we want them to do — and miss opportunities to make changes that really work. Gun violence isn’t one problem, it’s many. And it probably won’t have a single solution, either...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No idea, and neither you

Your a fucken liar Freemind you know that answer as I do.

Anyways that's the tell tale reason why its time wasting useless to spend time talking to people who are being intellectually dishonest.

Anybody else want to try with these nutters, I'm out of here ?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Why an AR-15? I dunno...watching too many movies maybe

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/M16_rifle_series

American culture glorifies the assault weapon. The Last Frontier and all that

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Lol finkelsten, you got totally fact owned & now you are having a meltdown. great job guys!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Your a fucken liar Freemind you know that answer as I do

I can only guess as to why I would choose. That's why I said cheap and light.

I also said he could afford to buy full auto at 20k a piece. Or a ruger mini 14. Same fire power. (Not an "assault weapon" ) may have even been more accurate. He could have went AK for a bigger ballistic. He was probably just comfortable with their operation though.

You mad? Lol

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Finkel: Anyways that's the tell tale reason why its time wasting useless to spend time talking to people who are being intellectually dishonest.
    Anybody else want to try with these nutters, I'm out of here

Okay.

While you are "out of here", why don't you take the time to educate yourself about what "gun restrictions" really means in a country that has "gun control" laws?

And about how those gun laws and restrictions impact the communities that Canadians live in?

Here is an interesting article to start you off:

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/would-canadian-gun-laws-have-stopped-americas-worst-mass-shooters

However, don't stop there, make sure you google Gerald Stanley and/or Colten Boushie. And ask yourself why Canada's gun laws didn't stop Stanley, a white farmer, from shooting (accidentally, he said...) in the back of the head, with a resticted weapon (a handgun) a young Indigenous man. And why Canada's gun law didn't stop that. And why Stanley was found "not guilty" of either murder or manslaughter.

And look up the La Loche school shooting. Happened in Northern Saskatchewan. The kid who did it (killed four people, I think...) used a shotgun. Effective in a small space. The community will never heal

And when you are done that, look up what happened to the long gun registry in Canada

Stupid waste of money. A total waste and drain

I better stop or someone might think I am a drug crazed (legal soon!) Canadian who is for gun violence. I am not. I am for fixing whatever is is that is making people so fucking mad and desperate

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Stars explode, volcanos erupt, Tsunamis wipe out islands, parasites infect drinking water, mosquitos bring disease, and microscopic creatures are everywhere outside and INSIDE of us using us for their food!

2 out of every 100 people on Earth are Psychopaths. A fact. Deal with it or ignore it--it remains with us.

Mental health statistics demonstrate that babies born to mothers who've taken certain drugs and lived certain lifestyles are HIGHLY susceptible to defects including chaotic brain development.
    That's not a BLAME, btw. It is merely an isolated fact on a long list. Deal with it or ignore it--it remains with us.

America has written into law ownership of firearms and the result is about 12 million guns are sold each year. Deal with it or ignore it--it remains with us.

50% of children come from divorced parents making it statistically more likely for those kids to have health problems, social problems, mental health problems, and incarceration.
    Deal with it or ignore it--it remains with us.

Our problem REALLY IS GUNS-- but not guns alone.
    Both sides of political issues need to be opening their eyes on this.

To wit:

Can we stop divorce? No.
    Can we stop alcohol and drug abuse by parents? No.
    Can we stop the sale of guns? No.

What HUMANITARIAN steps can our government/society take which is, above all, EFFECTIVE?

Can we end child poverty and give free mental health assistance to all Americans? YES!
    Can we provide higher minimum wages? YES!
    Can we provide free education to our kids? YES!

BUT NOT by spending Billions on never-ending senseless WARS!
    We all know that.
    BUT OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS WON'T STOP wasting tax money
    on weapons.
    Trump is said to be a madman and yet Democrats voted for an EXTRA one hundred sixty BILLION dollars on top of the seven hundred billion Trump asked for!

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016 under President Obama. 7 countries.

Under Trump, the United States has dropped about 20,650 bombs through July 31, or 80 percent the number dropped under Obama for the entirety of 2016.

Did you vote for these wars? No. Are they even Legal? Not really.

We are left with what we Do do: rant ineffectively.
    I plead guilty as charged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit