Harry, Meghan the Royal Apostates

by Slidin Fast 24 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

If it was Charles who commented he has no room with his complexion as seen on tv

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

cry me a river.

Being in the royal family is basically being a character. You get all of the perks that come with being royalty and in exchange you need to follow the script, which is to say go where they tell you, represent the way they want you to.

Nobody should feel sorry for them. They want to leave the "show"? Well leave, i don't care.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I do like the title of the thread, though, Slidin’fast!!!❤️

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The aspect that I saw and recognised was the fact that once you question the received wisdom, the life you had is over. No room for argument, no debate. Of course they have gone from wealth. and privilege to wealth and privilege but Meghan's story reminds me of love bombing, baptism and then (too late) reality.

Please understand I am not suggesting that this is a direct comparison, just that those aspects made my skin crawl.

• jhine
    jhine

Myname I totally agree . Harry in particular knows how this works . Meghan isn't a child she must have realised that life would change , maybe not quite how much , but she wanted to marry a Prince that means commitment.

Jan

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

All mis-direction.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

BTW, I think I may have worked out why Harry has been stripped of his royal privileges and patronages …

From left to right. James Lifford Hewitt, former cavalry officer in the  British Army. Prince Harry. Charles, Prince of Wales. - Album on Imgur

^^^ One of these men is Harry's father, lol.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Come on Seabreeze...Every economist knows that most years Blue States are donor states. The Beltway needs California more than California needs the Beltway. Don't give us that relief money and we're justified before the international community in seceding.

• dozy
    dozy

I'm from the UK and not really a royalist per se , but I found it rather nauseating. As soon as the interview began , with Oprah talking about Meghan discussing "her truths" , it was clear that any degree of objectivity or any challenging , even mildly , some of her statements were not on the menu. Some of the things she said ( for example , despite what she implied - there never was any possibility that Archie was going to be a Prince ) were definite lies - I think she was relying on the US audience to take things first hand without really knowing the facts.

Another guy lost / resigned his job as well here , as well as Piers Morgan. Its interesting to watch his interview that led to a "revenge of the wokes" type backlash that cost him his job. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9348267/Society-Editors-chief-resigns-criticism-defending-UK-press-against-racism-claims.html

It has exposed a bit gulf in attitudes in the UK which somewhat mirrors that in the USA and peoples' attitudes largely depends on their age.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/03/09/snap-poll-post-interview-harry-meghan

• Simon
    Simon

When I heard the stories of hardship from those poor unfortunate millionaires and billionaire, my heart broke for them and I honestly nearly wept.

And the poor black child, who will face so much prejudice growing up simply because of the blackness of his skin ...

Wait a minute, that's a honky kid! He's whiter than me FFS! WTF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit