Harry, Meghan the Royal Apostates

by Slidin Fast 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I just watched the Oprah interview. I know that many view them with little interest as just entitled wastes of space and I get that.

However, the description of how they were "trapped" and silenced and forced into perpetuating the system with little or no personal freedom rang bells for me. They are effectively shunned, estranged and disparaged by their family and cut off from support. I kinda know how that feels. What say you?

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Except they knew that 100% going in. Probably, like anything else, she minimized how difficult it would be. No doubt because she grew up watching "Coming to America"

At least some of the blame falls on Harry. He should have known better than anyone how it worked.

My take is boo hoo you went through a bad time welcome to life. Except the rest of us don't get to retreat to a multi-million dollar mansion and make money doing a media circuit. In the few seconds I watched, even Oprah seemed to be trying to act like she cared.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

"To the manor born " is hard to learn.

There are good historic reasons for the royal family being forbidden entering political discussion.

The misapplied: "all men are created equal" actually had to do with the supposed divine right of kings.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

They are effectively shunned, estranged and disparaged by their family and cut off from support - but they're not. Recently, Harry has been talking to his grandmother, the Queen, trying to resolve their differences before this Opera interview.

Prince Charles probably didn't return his calls because Harry was probably phoning up asking for more cash. When Harry and Meghan started up their Sussex Royal website, but before they stepped down from public duties, they were still living of Prince Charles' money. He apparently gave them £5 million in their last year before 'cutting Harry off financially'.

Charles cutting Harry off financially was entirely in line with Harry and Meghan wanting independence.

Or did the pair want the freedoms that come with independence, but Prince Charles to pay for it all?

You can see where I'm coming from - Harry and Meghan seem upset that they can't have their cake and eat it.

I learnt that lesson by the time I was 15 or 16, but Harry & Meghan are just accepting it now, lol.

Don't fret too much for Harry & Megs - he received £20 million from his mother, Diana, and £7 million when his great-grandmother (the Queen Mother) died in 2002. Meghan is also apparently worth about £3 million. Then there's their Netflix and Spotify deals.

The UK Monarchy has certain procedures and protocol which people in the family are expected to follow. Harry and Meghan just didn't want to do that.

The Monarchy also has a rigid hierarchy, and Harry & Meghan didn't want that, either.

They are very good at wallowing in victimhood but just look at them - living in California in an £11 million mansion, multi-million pound deals, the lucrative speaking circuit as a future source of income, etc.

And all this going on in a pandemic - lots of people sick and dying of COVID, people laid off work and struggling to get by.

Bottom line: Harry and Meghan are not victims.

• steve2
    steve2

Harry complained he had felt trapped in his princely role, and also included his father, Charles and his brother, William as also being trapped.

Meanwhile, throughout the world, viewers were exclaiming, "Welcome to the real world where it's kind of common for humans to feel 'trapped' in their life roles".

• Simon
    Simon

Apparently there are lots of reports of bullying by Meghan, but people are prevented from reporting it due to NDAs.

Maybe she could set an example and free those people from the agreements if she thinks she's some kind of "Braveheart" character?

Or maybe she's just full of shit, self-obsessed without self-awareness.

Seriously, we're meant to believe that she is "oppressed" in some way?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I will say one thing. Harry keeps banging on about safety...just wanting money for safety.

I actually think Harry has a screw loose because surely by now he knows how royal protection works!!

Abroad, royal protection officers don't have the right to carry guns automatically as no foreigner does. Even if they did, they wouldn't be privy to a states security intelligence which means their charges are not safe, since they could be blindsided by that lack of intelligence at any time.

So what happens is if the queen etc travels abroad there is a reciprocal and the country she visits organizes safety. It would cost our government millions to protect the Sussex's yearly, until they day they ALL die. Why would we do it if they don't work for us.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Why do they think their lives will be private? That’s not how it works....
  • Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

I did not watch the interview, but my wife did. The few minutes I was in the room with her during I heard Harry say he learned about racism from watching what his wife went through. Hmmm. You mean he didn't learn about racism when he received all the grief from the free world when he walked around with a swastika on his shoulder?

https://www.aiga.org/the-prince-and-the-swastika

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Yeah, the whole “racism” thing sounds like she is pulling a Smollett.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit