OKAYYY the Croc Hunter went to freaking far this time!!!!

by Xandria 52 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

My kids are endangered by many things also Simon.

I draw a distinction when someone exposes them to dangers.

Would you dangle your precious children in front of a kidnapper?

How bout those Appalacion idiots that handle snakes cause "jesus will protect them"? Is that ok?

If not, how is a rattler different from a croc?

Face it, It was a publicity stunt and the kid was bait.

• Xena
    Xena

There are inherant dangers in day to day life...but to delibrately put your child in a situation like that with what is (regardless of how well you know them or how long you have worked with them) a WILD animal...well lets just say they are off my list of potiential babysitters for MY daughter!

And I agree with Lady Lee...someone needs to show that man how to hold a baby!

• toreador
    toreador

Steve has probably fed that croc hundreds if not thousands of times. I think he knows what he is doing.

Sure it may have not been the smartest thing to do but I don't think he put the kid in any more danger than speeding during a rainstorm with you kid along.

How about parents who have their children doing flying trapeze acts. Or parents who take their kids flying in small airplanes with winds over 30 knots or inclement weather.

Where do we draw the line or make an issue of it. Steve does a lot of things that someone with less experience would not even think of doing.

Steve knew what the croc would focus on, the chicken, and knows exactly how fast and how far a croc can lunge from countless other feedings and experiences along the way.

All that being said it probably wasn't a good example to do something like this on public tv. You wouldn't see me handling poisonous snakes the way he does either, thats for sure.

I'd say give him a break. Everybody does something not so bright once in a while. Look at us and where we came from. Nobody's perfect.

He puts on a good show and to get good ratings and sell advertisements you have to be sensationalistic. I am sure he believed he was not putting the child in any real danger and probably misread what the audiences reaction might be.

• little witch
    little witch

"sure it may not have been the smartest thing to do".....

Nuff said

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Had a kid break his leg (and it was a nasty break, too) playing soccer last year. Better stop kids playing soccer.

I believe that Steve wrestled his first crocodile at the age of eight and was raised with reptiles from birth. Too him, it was just another day.

Poor judgement doing it publicly? Uh, yeah.

I know I allow my children to do things that other parents think are dangerous. So, they believe I am endangering my children. Me, likewise with them.

Put down the torches, people.

• Special K
    Special K

Didn't I see a video called "animals gone wild"...

Where a handler with his Grizzly Bear was being inteviewed..and the Bear just decided to attack the announcer..

There was all kinds of film footage of handlers with their animals, whom they thought they had under control ....and they weren't..

Animals can be soooooo .. unpredictable..

When they had cheetahs at one of our local malls.. on leash.. for children to see and pet..

NO WAY... man, I didn't take my kids to see them..

sincerely nervous of animals who people say are okay...

special K

• little witch
    little witch

I am still waiting for an answer.

Is the truth what Steve says in the shows (dangerous, not to muck around with)?

Or is it the baby thing was exposure to a harmless animal?

Sorry to be redundant....

• toreador
    toreador

Is the truth what Steve says in the shows (dangerous, not to muck around with)?

Or is it the baby thing was exposure to a harmless animal?

For the inexperienced crocs are nothing to muck with.

There are very few animals that are totally harmless. My child was inadvertandly attacked by a house cat when a stray dog happened on the scene and scared the cat so bad it clawed its way to the top of his head, when he bent over it wouldnt release its claws which were imbedded into his scalp and he desperately fought to stay on his head because he didnt want to go back on the ground because the dog was still there. He could have lost his eyes in that ordeal. It was not easy getting the cat to let go of his head.

Does that help.

• Xena
    Xena

Hey BG!

Nice to see you around! You make some excellent points *putting out torch* but I would still he rather not babysit for me

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Considering the fact so many of my neighbors allow their small children to play in the streets unsupervised, I can understand why this sort of program would have entertainment value to the parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit