Are humans pre-dispositioned to be attracted to the OPPOSITE sex???

by gumby 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

A strange thought came to mind when conversing with a fellow poster here on the phone the other night. The conversation was about enviroment, culture, and society....... and it's effects on human behavior, desire, and thinking.

Here is the scenario....................After Jehovah put Adam in the garden and just before he made Eve........lets say he did it this way. God makes Adam......then after adam gets a bit lonely and horney........god brings to him a male and a female he also made from the dust. God gives no instuctions to them on relationships between them.

Now..............would adam INHERANTLY choose to hop Eves bones......or is there a chance he would jump the dudes bones???? Would it be inborn in other words.....for Adam to desire the female? Do the majority of men desire women because it's learned........or are we MADE that way....or NOT made that way?

Wha-da-ya think??????

Gumby

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The Garden of Eden story is Jewish mythology.

Sexual attraction is innate, it is our DNA's survival mechanism.

• Xena
    Xena

If God were truly loving he would have made Adam two women so he could live out the ultimate male fantasy....

• gumby
    gumby
    If God were truly loving he would have made Adam two women so he could live out the ultimate male fantasy....

Oh it got even better than that xena! Later the jewish men had several babes, and god allowed them to be in good standing Solomon had a thousand of them......and no males I am aware of. Dan my man......you didn't answer the question! Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not being terribly intelligent, I would think yes. It is necessary in order to perpetuate the species. If genetics determined same-sex attraction as being primary, the species (I would think) would die off rather quickly.

Now the question becomes is same-sex attraction the result of mutations in the DNA strand over several hundred generations or is it a secondary perhaps even latent tendency?

• Xena
    Xena

lol Gumby don't get me started on the unfairness of that from a sexual standpoint

I can't say I do believe humans are pre-disposed to be attracted to the opposite sex. I think we chose the opposite sex for reasons of survival of the species and due to social pressure. My personal belief is that left alone we would simply choose those we find attractive and who's company we enjoy regardless of gender....moving between genders freely.

As to whom Adam would prefer...I would say it would most likely depend on the individuals...lol come to think of it Adam may have been left out in the cold while Eve and the new dude got it on.

• gumby
    gumby
    If genetics determined same-sex attraction as being primary, the species (I would think) would die off rather quickly.

I don't know if this comparison is a good one.......but MOST animals want to hop the bones of the female do they not? Ever see a dog trying to breed with a male? Oh.....they like to hump a nother male, your leg, or anything warm, but do they seek another male? What if the other male dog was WILLING? In other words......would a male dog....breed another male dog if the other male dog hicked his tail towards the other male....( that sounded sicker than crap, but it was the only way I could think of to put it) Is it fair also....to compare different species to each other?

Xena.....Adam would have tried to kick the other guys arse if he caught him doin it with ol' Eve!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    If genetics determined same-sex attraction as being primary, the species (I would think) would die off rather quickly.

Now you didn't think you would post this line without one of us gays jumping in with our opinion, did you?? lol

I have to say a couple of things here. I heard about a study done with mice. They weren't studying homosexuality, they were studying overpopulation. At low population levels there were no cases of homosexual behavior with the mice. The more over crowded it became the more of it they observed. It may be the genetic way of curbing overpopulation.

As far as homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom, you would be astonished at how much of it there is. They do not teach this at school, but I saw a special on the Discovery channel about it one time and it crosses into almost every specie.

I agree with the Adam and Eve thing being a Jewish myth.

Gretchen

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Gumby,

DantheMan said

Sexual attraction is innate, it is our DNA's survival mechanism.

Imho, I think that pretty much answers the question. Sex a la male/female is necessary in MOST species (there is at least one lizard species in California that is all female and they are weaker because there isn't a mix of genes). Of course, there's homosexual behavior, etc., but the species simply wouldn't be propagated without it. And it seems reasonable to compare other species since we've all evolved and are related.

Of course, that brings up the creation/evolution debate, but I'd rather not. If you're a strict creationist, it's a different frame of reference.

Pat

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Just imagine if Adam were standing there and were given two women and they got busy with each other. Then all Adam could do is polish his cucumber.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit