Predict JW life in future

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

the situation is many of us are PIMA and all putting on a front, sometimes saying something we don’t fully believe. Or at least are actually agnostic about but a hope that it’s true.

but it can be useful if someone is really going through a hard time or has something they are very worried about, to say things like well let’s hope there is not much longer of this old system.

This can be useful in an awkward situation where you just don’t know what to do or say. It’s a little bit of hope that can help when there is nothing else.

My agnosticism just means I won’t look back over decades thinking I wasted my life. You can still have hope being agnostic and this hope is somewhat comforting.

If you believe in evolution there is no possible hope at all everything is pointless and without purpose.

I don’t think the GB are right about everything but I have hope that the Bibles promises may have some truth to them.

This leads to the question are you better off having a little bit of hope, than nothing at all? Are you better off believing something that may not be true? Ignorance is bliss?

I have come to the conclusion that even if evolution is true, for me being agnostic and sitting on the fence having a little bit of hope in the Bibles promises has advantages.

As long as you don’t look back over your life feeling you wasted any of it. Live life to the full and being comfortable with the fact that we may never know the entire truth until the day we die. But that little bit of hope there is better than nothing at all.

that’s where I’m at. Better off PIMA than POMA or POMO.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EXBETHELITENOWPIMA:

It’s too bad that so many JWs sitting in that religion are not even really true believers ..as by your own admission!

They have lost so many people (not that I’m lamenting)..and on top of that what they have there aren’t even genuine. They are just there taking up space and warming a seat. You say ‘you have a little bit of hope’? You could have that little bit of hope and be out and free instead of tolerating all the hypocrisy and everything else!

I have to assume that family or something else is keeping you captive there. For me, after the 1995 thing I made my exit.. This ended my mistake of getting involved with Jehovah’s Witnesses and I am ever grateful now that I swam against the tide and followed my gut.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

EBNP: If you believe in evolution there is no possible hope at all everything is pointless and without purpose.

Many people who believe in god also believe that evolution accurately accounts for the diversity of life. I assume you are referring to abiogenesis, the concept that life began without the intervention of a divine being.

My life has purpose and a point to me. To a lesser extent, it has meaning to those who know me and care about me. If my life stops having purpose and meaning to anyone in a million years, that's not something that keeps me awake at night. Being dead makes the whole thing academic. But until that time, I live a life with purpose and meaning. Whether there is a god or not.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

What does PIMA stand for?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Blondie There was a time when some ex-jws in jest connected the 120 years the people before the biblical flood were given to change and survive the flood. Add that to 1914 and you get 2034, when the end will come (jesting of course). My husband says, No More in '34.

Don't speak too soon Blondie's husband!! I've noticed the Borg get a lot of their "culture" from exjws. Even down to the Governing Boobies using OUR term "the Bunker videos!"

Give it a year or two and there'll be saying "No more in 34!!"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

RxBethpimaIt can be useful in an awkward situation where you just don’t know what to do or say. It’s a little bit of hope that can help when there is nothing else.

Although I agree with TonusOH I must say I do also see your point. When my brother was diagnosed with an aggressive stage 4 cancer with a 6% survival rate and a 2 year old daughter, my goodness I wish there was some hope I could have honestly given him. But then false hope prevented him having a "good death". Sometimes fighting too hard at the end increases suffering so much.

• blondie
    blondie

Diogenesister, "Don't speak too soon Blondie's husband!! I've noticed the Borg get a lot of their "culture" from exjws. Even down to the Governing Boobies using OUR term "the Bunker videos!"

Give it a year or two and they'll be saying "No more in 34!!"" I am seeing that my jest (not prophecy) may be taking on a life of its own. When I first made this "jest" some ex-jws took it up literally. Am I surprised that the WTS might, no. Only 11 years from now and I should be still alive to see if my "prediction" was correct. Most jws need a date to cling to, try to pick one within their own lifetime, because then it will be true "they will never die" but go straight into their paradise without ever experiencing a physical death. My family from the previous generation believed that. Only one is still living at 96 and they are sinking fast. I see the need for the WTS invented "overlapping generation." The WTS has adjusted their "prediction" many times, and let previous predictions "die" without mentioning them again or the generation of the prediction die out. But ex-jws will keep it known.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I suspect that more than just JW's are unprepared for retirement. Maybe it is denial about what actually lies ahead that keeps people from properly planning for the future. Perhaps it is just procrastination. But what I am certain of is this: JW's are the MOST REPREHENSIBLE because they tell people that it is a lack of faith to prepare for retirement. That's what I was told and I know many others who were also told that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMAS MORE:

It’s true that some people procrastinate and/or don’t plan for retirement.

The thing is: if the people are non-Witnesses and just worked over the years, they’d still get Social Security because it was taken out of their paychecks! It may not be enough as they would need other investments (401k etc.)…But Witnesses barely in the workforce would get pathetically low or next to nothing!

I also remember hearing the ‘lack of faith’ crap.. But, it was some hypocritical older Witnesses collecting pensions, married women with ‘worldly’ husbands, etc. - along with a few self-righteous ‘pio-sneers’.. They scorned me and wouldn’t be caught dead in a full-time job.. I am eternally grateful now I never listened to these goddamned people!

As for the pioneers who felt so ‘special’ and got invited to dinners back then: if they can’t make it now.. they better track down their ‘spiritual’ friends and ask them for money or handouts!.. I’m glad they don’t have my phone number.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ExBethelite - “Predict JW life in the future…”

Depressing AF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit