Predict JW life in future

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Came the day AFTER Oct 1975 that I decided we were going to get jobs that would pay pensions- so after securing a few jobs to cover us off, my mate decided to go for a job at a large corporate and I decided to go to an international company.... to say the least, it was the best choice we made. From the time the articles were written regarding the end of the 6000 year reign was coming to a close in 75, and those who truly believed, sold homes, furniture, left jobs to pioneer - my mate being one who left a government full time position to do so, we answered the call and did prepare. Prepare for what never came! NOT thinking of - "No man knows the time, even Jesus"... how blind were we - apparently worse than the world who lives in darkness, or so to speak. We were under a spell - that was a rude awakening for a lot of people. When we got the good jobs, we were invested into their group pensions, savings, share privileges, and continued there until retirement. Was that Jehovah's help for us in finally waking up? Was that our start knowing these men who sit at a table, control and form mindless followers? Those who did as they were told, never received an apology from the organization that they ruined so many lives, NO! "it was our misunderstanding," they said, those who were ""faithful" to believe, were called 75's and laughed at by those new ones who did not understand. What a joke to perpetrate on us! I spoke with two elders who were saying how sick and failing are the older ones in the congregation - I could not help but say" yes, they are, and the Society said that ""MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE!" and yet Here we are!.

They are all dead and gone from that era (Rutherford)... and since then this organization controls minds even more, yet the spell continues..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHLOVER123:

Congratulations for being one of the Witnesses who ‘woke up’ after the 1975 fiasco! You didn’t even wait ‘til the end of the year! You sound like you did well. I wonder if you still stayed in the religion?

From what I heard, everyone back then must have been ‘under a spell’ to do what they did (leaving jobs, etc.) Yet, there was never an apology from the religion. Who knows how many thousands of people never recovered?

I came into the religion in the late ‘70s and hardly any talk about 1975 except to say that ‘some were serving for a date’. I also heard a joke about some woman referred to as a ‘Seventy-fiver’. I started off on the wrong foot because I had a full-time job that I refused to quit. They thought I was supposed to take up housecleaning and pioneer. I couldn’t see the sense of it - especially since I saw older people there collecting pensions. They were obviously in the workforce!

Anyway, I was viewed as a ‘low hour publisher’ as I worked full-time. I stood out as a working woman while others seemed like ‘Stepford Wives’ out of the 1950s. I was on the fringes of the congregation and had few friends and wasn’t invited much. That’s okay as it was all worth it because I Retired when the time came!

Most of the older critics have passed away and the ones my age who pioneered and didn’t even get smart after the ‘1995 Generation teaching’ are struggling today!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit