Predict JW life in future

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    how will the majority react in a few more decades time when the end still hasn’t come?

Same way they react now: quiet resignation as they spin on the hamster wheel.

why all that talk of sense of urgency decades ago?

It’s their mind’s way of protecting itself. To admit that they were duped, perhaps for their entire lives, would cause such devastating depression, if not insanity, that they tell themselves (and any others near enough to hear) “it CAN’T be far off now”.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If any Witnesses ignored this and stayed in sleep mode daydreaming and didn’t plan accordingly, it’s hard to feel sympathy.

I appreciate your comments. I would though change the word "hard" to "impossible". In my case I choose to feel ZERO sympathy for any JW that is by their own choices struggling financially and I cannot honestly say it is hard to do. Does that make me a "bad" person?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Nope. As far as I’m concerned it doesn’t make you a bad person.

But, unfortunately, many JWs would hate us for saying it anyway.. They want to have selective memory loss about all the bad things said (by them and the religion) about people with careers, etc. and still imagine they are deserving of charity or handouts from those people!

During my ‘Fade’, I told all the JWs I know how I feel about things.. I got an angry response from one of them. Mind you, this was an acquaintance who loved titles, impressed with pioneers, etc. On more than one occasion years ago, I was questioned in a critical way why I worked full-time. Now, I’m grateful I did. 😮 👍🏻

So, I know what sort of attitudes are there among the JWs. In plain English, if me or you were still there, they would have the audacity to expect handouts from us!!! It wouldn’t matter how irresponsible these people were for not planning!.. This is how things are in the JW religion.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I see this too often, Jw's who didn't plan a head but choose to Pioneer or whatever. Now time has pasted. They are struggling and your family and you are not because we where looked down upon by the uber righteous for seeking careers and good jobs. They expect a handout from you even showing up at your moms bakery to try an get free bread.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Like I always say, the Borg is it's own worst enemy.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

One thing lots of JW feel are the waste of time watchtower put them thru. 3 day's meeting. Assembles that went on for days. Numerous books and magazines to read. They could just hade one meeting a week like many churches. Stick to bible and not have loads of books ' explaining ' the Bible. Just a Waste of time and resources. Another it's on its way with new media center. I bet if they hade done a mental evaluation of watchtower leaders, from Rutherford to now. Things would have looked very different. I bet lots of them hade serious mental problems.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Sometimes we forget that this religion has been around for 100+ years.

Other JWs decades ago also felt the the same way as they saw the decades go by. But guess what, they are gone and a new batch of Jdubs were born and got on the cult train.

It's a revolving door. That sister will die wondering where is the end, and there is someone being born today who is on it's way to becoming a pioneer

• blondie
    blondie

There was a time when some ex-jws in jest connected the 120 years the people before the biblical flood were given to change and survive the flood. Add that to 1914 and you get 2034, when the end will come (jesting of course). My husband says, No More in '34.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I wonder how many are physically in but mentally at least doubting the GB or like me full blown thinking the GB are wrong about lots of things?

but like me they enjoy being physically in and can see how being physically in has many advantages and it’s very pleasant to see how people clean up their lives and avoid all kinds of problems by being physically in

I suspect there will be many more people like me who are physically staying in for the advantages but mentally not getting too invested because they are doubting the GB

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I wonder how many are physically in but mentally at least doubting the GB

I believe there are LOTS of them! They just know that they should NOT express such doubts among their JW friends/family or they risk being seen as weak or disloyal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit