Some Things Just Dont Add Up, How Did We Miss This???

by pale.emperor 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

BUT, You know, you are all just not reading it in CONTEXT! (sarcasm alert)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What kind of people was living in the ancient world where that became a law,Deut.25:11-12.. I will give you a hint,

the same GOD's people who was told don't do the nasty with a sheep...

• smiddy
    smiddy

A great post pale emperor How can the End come as a thief in the night if they are continually expecting it ?

On the other hand JW`s are told to keep in expectation of it .? A contradiction ?

Typical double -speak from the mouth of JW`s ,they speak out of both sides of their mouth.!

Also

what is it with women who are treated this way in religion that they are the ones that most embrace it.?

Despite the above humiliation(And many more), women are the larger army in JWs and Christendom.

And not only Christendom , Islam is another prime example.with the Burqa and Niqab subjugating women.

And they seem to be only to happy to go along with it.
    I can understand men going along with these oppressions of women ( not that I agree with it ) it is all about control and dominance of women to obey men.

But women accepting this ? I find hard to understand.

• Chook
    Chook

Sisters are put on same level as pagans. They have always been taken advantage of.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Isn't it sad that they'd need permission and guidance on how to treat a book? Anyone with a penis cant spiral bind it. Because, you know, they just might read it. And we can have women reading our secret book now can we?

Remind me of how this is nothing like the Catholic Church repressing people owning or reading a book (the bible)?

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

The OT especially is filled with so much horror, and violence. I find it sad that God did not do more to alleviate this and even promoted mistreatment by laws and instructions.

At times like this I start to think there is no God and people were just on their own mission......extends hand towards anti depressants.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pale.emperor...

We didn't miss it.

We ignored, justified, and rationalized it.

Until we couldn't any more.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

One of my favorites.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

pale. what are you saying? The the unholy bible written by doG is unreliable?

Never may that be so:)

ISNT IT AMAZING how when the Scales fall of your eyes how you can now objectively look at the bible you see it as a big piece of crap!
    How hoodwinked were we:(

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ttdtt - "...Isnt it amazing how when the scales fall of your eyes how you can now objectively look at the bible you see it as a big piece of crap..."

Why else do you think Biblical literalists seem to bend over backwards to avoid objectivity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit