20,000 Die While "GOD" Watches as he sips Iced Tea

by JT 57 Replies latest jw friends

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Dave,

I just duct taped my little fingers closed so I won't talk about this kid.

The mods like to edit my posts a little too much (I don't blame them) and I would have to agree with them on what I'd say about this kid.

D*mn mods! If it weren't for them, you wouldn't have to endure the torture of removing the duct tape in the morning!

Sleep Tight!

growedup

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh well.

I have battened down the hatches, as I await my next earthquake....wait, no....that was the train going by.

Anyways, it's true "...everyone welcome! " as can be seen up on the upper left hand side.

I might add: Trolls too.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

J.T.,

Actually I don't believe that God or Satan is responsible for earthquakes. Earthquakes are just a part of our existence. I have long stopped playing the blame game of either God or Satan. If there is a God or a Satan earthquakes do happen. And if there is no God or no Satan, they still occur. Earthquakes don't prove or disprove either. What is the purpose of raising such a question if not to try to disprove a god? But if there is a god and he allows earthquakes to occur, than how could your disapproval or unbelief effect him? After all, he is god and you're not, so how could you ask him to render an account to you? And if there is no god as so many maintain, you are still stuck with nearly 30,000 people who died in an earthquake. AND NOT NATURE, NOT THE UNIVERSE OR ANYONE ELSE PREVENTED IT! Nor will anyone stop your death or mine when it comes. But I know it is inevitable. So what does it matter if I die in an earthquake, or natural disaster, or by disease or an accident or murder? I know I'm not here to stay; there is no permanence here and I'm no better or different than the people of Bam or the millions who have preceded us in death. Death is the great equalizer. But I expect the question of why to remain. However, are we asking the wrong question? Should it not be why not instead?

Also, could man at least be partially responsible for building where he does? Since we know that hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, etc. do occur, why do we still concentrate on building along beaches, fault lines, and in flood prone zones? Everyone talks about the "big one" due for California, but no one will leave. And when it does occur, everyone will ask why a god didn't stop it. True, we can't foresee every natural disaster, but even in those areas that we know are risky, we still take the chance, come what may. And as far as chances go, sometimes we lose.

• Gozz
    Gozz

The issue is as much as about 'God', and the image of a God of love who cares about whta's happening on our Earth, who cares for his intelligent creation. Now, if God were presented as a non-caring person who leaves everything here to the forces of nature and chance, there'll be much less a problem. But is the death of about 50,000 people, buried alive while asleep consistent with a God of love, who's abundant in loving kindness? Many decent people don't see it. That derives from our nature as humans; most regular people would've prevented that earthquake if they could. God is presented as being able to; but he hasn't. If there's love, and/or justice in that, then we fail to comprehend it as humans. If our we don't understand God's love and justice, how can we conclude that he is loving and just? We might need to reevaluate our perception of God.

• Gozz
    Gozz

30,000 now.

Dear God, Where Art Thou?

• bisous
    bisous
    One mourner, Yadolah Khodabakhshzade, lost 18 family members, who were sleeping in three adjacent houses that collapsed in the quake. "It's God's will," he said haltingly

Above quote from CNN.

What religion does to its followers. And if a God in this context exists, 'F@$&'em.

Me, a parent in my greatest of human ignorance, couldn't fathom harming my child in a minor way, let alone the magnitude represented here.

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter
    Me, a parent in my greatest of human ignorance, couldn't fathom harming my child in a minor way, let alone the magnitude represented here.

And all because a talking snake told a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit.

(I think I got that line from seven006...it's brilliant)

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

When the fellow JW's would say "Jehovah has blessed you" or "Jehovah must've been watching over you and protecting you" was one of the glaring contradictiongs I questioned when I started....well questioning things. They would always say that Jehovah was making things good for them and watching over them but at the same time they would say that God allows all bad things to happen to prove Satan wrong and that all bad things come from Satan. So if all bad things come from Satan and God allows all bad things to happen then what makes them think that God is going to forgo thousands of years of inaction because of you? That's why I don't think it's good to thank God when you avoid something bad (like you almost died or something) when God has nothing to do with it all. If God would've allowed it to happen to prove Satan right then God would not have stopped it so it would not be correct to thank Him for it.

When I lost my job I didn't ask God for a new one because #1 there are more important things going on in this world than my employment issues and #2 if he's allowing millions to die horrible deaths on the other side of the world I don't think me being unemployed is going to stand out as a problem he needs to solve. Asking for strength to handle a problem is OK but not asking Him to SOLVE your problem by divine intervention. It just never made sense to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit