20,000 Die While "GOD" Watches as he sips Iced Tea

by JT 57 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

today i had an interesting conversation, NOT with a christian believer but a Muslim believer,

he was trying to recruit me into the faith--so i thought i would pose the question to him about WHY his God watches as 20,000 believers (Muslims) women, children, etc lost thier lives-

his explanation I thought was straight out of a Christian Handbook on

"How to answer when Someone Ask -Why God is always chilling out at the Wrong time?"

I have always found it interesting to listen to a believer go into great detail about how they prayed and god answered their prayers for a job at Safeway, or to successfully have a Gall Stone removed, etc,

yet for some reason as I pointed out to the Muslim man that his god always seems to be unconcerned about the the cry of literally 10,s of 1000s of others-

He told me that Allah could have stopped the quake "BUT" Allah chose not to,

but to allow it to be a lesson for those who have turned their backs on him- it sounded much like another group of believers who often refer to such events as ways to rally the troops back in line

and as we talked he saw nothing wrong or unloving on the part of "HIS" God for not doing ANYTHING even though as he put it "ONLY ALLAH COULD HAVE STOPPED IT"

you got to love it

• Satanus
    Satanus

He obviously doesn't have the bigger picture. The w bush god, and the islamic god are playing marbles. The bush god pulled a new trick out of the hat, catching allah by surprise. Allah really had no choise but to let this happen. It's a sign that bush and his god are winning some muslim marbles, in the great cosmic earth game.

SS illuminatti class Make that the satanic verses class

• flower
    flower

This is the one question 'believers' in a higher power have been unable to explain to my satisfaction. Its always some text book answer that makes no more sense to them than it does to me.

I would have more respect for someone that says 'I dont know but I choose to believe in God anyway'.

This is the biggest reason NOT too believe in God.

• minimus
    minimus

JT-I don't think Allah sips Iced Tea. Now that is downright doggin' the brother---and you know it! Those people died because they didn't believe in Jehovah God. Jehovah NEVER kills 10000 of his own people, but Allah does every few years. You shoulda told him that JT. Youze a slippin, bro.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe there is no greater purpose.

Maybe we are all just riding along on a big rock that is circling and average star that is circling an average galaxy that is floating around in a big void of space.

Maybe that's all there is to all of this. I sleep very well at night with this idea.

• JH
    JH

If God lets thousands of innocent people die, do you think he will answer your little prayer that really is insignificant to him.

• JT
    JT
    'I dont know but I choose to believe in God anyway'.

i agree, i personally would have more respect for such a person than someone trying to insult me with some Goofy explanation-

it was just unreal listening to this guy, his entire explanation was so in line with other belief systems it was almost scary-

no reasonable questions, logical questions, nothing would make his re-examine his position- he just kept saying THIS IS THE WAY IT HAS TO BE-

AS he walked away perhaps thinking that he had been SOLID in his faith , unwavering

i just felt sorry for the dude, for we all know just how sincere a person can be and it have absolutely nothing to do with it being correct= how sad

• JT
    JT
    JT-I don't think Allah sips Iced Tea. Now that is downright doggin' the brother---and you know it

you are correct MY BAD

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    This is the one question 'believers' in a higher power have been unable to explain to my satisfaction.

I doubt that ANY explanation would "satisfy" you, even if delivered by a tap-dancing angel playing a tuba. I'm not ridiculing, just saying there always seems to be a huge gulf between those who believe in Someone greater than themselves (whatever you want to call "it") and those who don't.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Sipping his Ice Tea, or just plain watching with interest....the "almighty and all powerful" seems to be in his rest day... Major earthquakes since 1923:

* Dec. 26, 2003: Southeastern Iran, magnitude 6.5; Government estimates at least 20,000 killed.

* May 1, 2003: Southeastern Turkey, magnitude 6.4; 167 people killed, including 83 children in a collapsed dormitory.

* Feb. 24, 2003: Western China, magnitude 6.3 or 6.8; at least 266 killed.

* June 22, 2002: Northwestern Iran, magnitude 6; at least 500 killed.

* March 25, 2002: Northern Afghanistan, magnitude 5.8; up to 1,000 killed.

* Jan. 26, 2001: India, magnitude 7.9; at least 2,500 killed. Estimates put death toll as high as 13,000.

* Sept. 21, 1999: Taiwan, magnitude 7.6; 2,400 killed.

* Aug. 17, 1999: Western Turkey, magnitude 7.4; 17,000 killed.

* Jan. 25, 1999: Western Colombia, magnitude 6; 1,171 killed.

* May 30, 1998: Northern Afghanistan and Tajikistan, magnitude 6.9; as many as 5,000 killed.

* May 10, 1997: Northern Iran, magnitude 7.1; 1,500 killed.

* Jan. 17, 1995: Kobe, Japan, magnitude 7.2; more than 6,000 killed.

* Sept. 30, 1993: Latur, India, magnitude 6.0; as many as 10,000 killed.

* June 21, 1990: Northwest Iran, magnitude 7.3-7.7; 50,000 killed.

* Dec. 7, 1988: Northwest Armenia, magnitude 6.9; 25,000 killed.

* Sept. 19, 1985: Central Mexico, magnitude 8.1; more than 9,500 killed.

* Sept. 16, 1978: Northeast Iran, magnitude 7.7; 25,000 killed.

* July 28, 1976: Tangshan, China; magnitude 7.8-8.2; 240,000 killed.

* Feb. 4, 1976: Guatemala, magnitude 7.5; 22,778 killed.

* Dec. 26, 1939: Erzincan province, Turkey, magnitude 7.9; 33,000 killed.

* Jan. 24, 1939: Chillan, Chile, magnitude 8.3; 28,000 killed.

* May 31, 1935: Quetta, India, magnitude 7.5; 50,000 killed.

* Sept. 1, 1923: Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan, magnitude 8.3; at least 140,000 killed.

Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press | Arti

From www.newsday.com

21 million from the Spanish Flu, 25 million from the Plague, and it just goes on and on and on....If there is a God and he is watching, he is guilty of abandonment and neglect.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit