WHAT'S NEXT AFTER "REFINEMENT"?

by fearnotruth22 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Welcome Module,

I, like Stillajwexelder, appreciate your perspective. You will certainly add to the balance of vewpoints on our board.

I was there from 1967 to 1976 with a short break in the early 70's to get married. I knew most if not all the GB members at least casually. I often defended them in discussions as simply "True Believers" (Eric Townsend). Some had suggested to me that the GB had changed and become Evil in th 1980"s. I don't buy it. They may have become more fearful of a scism and turned too much power over to the ?Bethel Anorexics? to protect the society's purity.

Even these 40-50's 'heavy' wannabees are not specifically evil. Their behavior is very typical of any 'corporatate' exec scrambling to the top. It is a shame they oppose their heartly game on duped people in the name of Religion, but that too is typical, of religions. All religions eventually become more concerned with self preservation than the spiritual needs of its members, and thereby become hurtful.

Looking forward to more input from you, and your wife if she is inclined. And again Welcome to the board.

Jst2laws

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

I liked Gangas. He was always around, especially in the 124 lobby Sydlik on the other hand was not so well liked, he seems too aggresive and firm. I also liked knorr very much, whom I respect. and I liked ray who made morning worship intersting whom I also respect. When fred died, in my opinion the charisma that the gov bod had, came to an end . these guys now on the govbod cannot motivate with their personalities as the personalities of the finementhat I mentioned.

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

Confirms my suspicions, at one time someone somewhere had a good intention here. It just went horribly awry as things do when they take on a life of their own. Of course that Pr!ck Rutherford helped things along.

Sad Sad Sad

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

iM STILL WONDERING WHAT WILL THE SOCIETY DO NEXT. They have major problems at hand even though all of these moves dissimulate the real issues that wts faces: blood, time of the end, child abuse policy. THings which have hurt people. Isnt any new light brewing?

• minimus
    minimus

MODULE----Thanks for your very interesting perspective. We look forward to hearing more from you.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Thanks for the post module! Great info. Much appreciated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit