What’s the big deal with birthday cake?

by Addison0998 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

How strict were the Jehovah’s Witnesses you knew about birthday cake? I knew a girl who saw a few pieces of cake in the break room at her work, and ate a peice, then found out later that it was left over birthday cake. She felt so guilty and was scared about a bad impression she left on her work mates. I know other witness who are very serious about it too. Even when I was full mentally in, I never thought god would kill me for eating a peice of birthday cake after the party. It’s not like I was celebrating with them. I even ate my free birthday lunch from Olive Garden at work. It was right before I woke up, and I just stopped caring about little things like that. I thought surely god has bigger problems to worry about. I’m so glad I’m free now and can enjoy more of the little things in life now!

• sir82
    sir82

Growing up, everything was A-OK - as long as it was after the holiday / celebration.

November 1, December 26, February 15, Monday after Easter - huge holidays in the Sir82 household, as mom would go out to all the stores and buy a bunch of leftover holiday-themed candy for half price.

Same basic precept with birthday cake - on the next day (or even same day, if the party is over) - fair game.

Oh, and of course the giant turkey dinner - on the day after Thanksgiving.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mb8nQ3hNsM

This video shows the way religions get people to follow them blindly in whatever they say is proper to eat.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I would eat bd cake because.. well it's cake!

I would try to scoff a piece after and away from the celebration rather than during lest "I stumble anyone" but if there's cake around I figured it's just cake!

Most other JWs I knew would not, could not think it through for themselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Demons rest in Birthday cakes a well known fact.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes fink, excess calories are def demonic!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was the only Witness in my whole elementary school. I can't tell you how much birthday goodness I ate growing up. Valentine's Day candy was great, too!

Meanwhile, my JW friends back at the Kingdom Hall would probably volunteer for execution by guillotine rather than eat birthday cake.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My prior Employer in USA was so caring to arrange for a Birthday cake for all Employees for the day, for each department. During that time I was super Zealous JW. I notified my manager that I don’t celebrate birthdays and wont even eat the leftover cakes. He said flatly at my face. "Are you bull sh....ng" ?

Now I realize his words were so true. I might have looked like a nutty, brainwashed idiot to all of them, at that time.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

I want a demonic birthday cake with a stripper inside.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I bet she got the flying shits by eating it.

Same effect as eating a dozen jalapenos with stale lunch meat sitting at room temperature all day.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit