Bro. Geoff in September 2018 Broadcast vs Serena Williams

by NeedToKnow 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

"...it DOES matter if she is baptized or not."- only to jw's does it matter, the rest of the world will still see her as a jw. She herself claims she is one by stating it-

"The tennis champion is a Jehovah's Witness, and recently explained that members of the religion don't do the whole presents and cake thing. "Olympia doesn't celebrate birthdays," Serena said at a press conference. "We're Jehovah's Witnesses so we don't do that."

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    JWs know either through the rumor mill that she is not baptized, or they think she is not a 'good' JW (like Prince).

I love JWfacts, and he is not spreading rumors.

I said people either know she is not baptized or they think she is a bad witness. The rumor that she is not baptized is true.

I can not say who I know, but I do know she was not baptized as of 2012.

Putting words in someone's mouth is a sort of logical fallacy, is it not?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Concerning the broadcast with brother Goff. He said the mob wanted him to salute the flag.

I would have saluted... with my middle finger.

God bless America.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A brother I knew turned down a career with an Australian basketball team (I know, not quite US standard) as he was studying and got baptised instead.

Prince, particularly in later years, acted in a manner at his concerts that few JWs would get away with.

As far as I’m aware, Serena was never baptised, so little can be done to stop her giving glory to Jehovah for her wins. Publicity nevertheless that helps JWs become known

I agree that the situation of Prince in particular makes mockery of experiences of brothers that felt compelled to give up fame based careers for their Watchtower beliefs.

• LV101
    LV101

Doubter -- whether Serena was baptized or not makes no difference. Any and all parents, students, studying with JW, attending meetings/non-baptized witnesses were hounded about participating in sports, ballet lessons, etc. You couldn't fit in unless you adhered to all their made up WT cult crazy. This is a fact! Didn't matter if one parent wasn't a JW or attending meetings -- it was a rule.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just as a side point “and now the just fly the flag on the KH. LOL

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And here in Australia we have an AFL professional footballer who identifies as a Jehovah`s Witness although not baptized in his early 20`s who has "star" value as a player who earlier this year supposedly toyed with the idea of quitting football to pursue his religious duties of his faith pioneering full time .

Which of course he never did.

{ I don`t suppose it had anything to do with extracting more money from his club to retain him ? no of course not ! }

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Doubter - I don't think you realise how dumb you come across in your posts, on this thread and other ones. You don't look at all the facts and you pick and choose which bits of information you want to believe or twist it to what you want.

If you were a true jw you would not be on apostate (aka - people who know the truth about "the truth") websites.

You're obviously having big doubts about the organisation yourself otherwise you wouldn't be here and you also wouldn't be clutching at straws to defend the watchtowers teachings/rules which are blatantly incorrect, which just makes your answers come across as dumb because they have no foundation. Most of us here will have done the same whilst we were still in, to some degree!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yes but just like larry grahm and george benson, those who were famous before being jw’s stay famous, or at least well known. What are they to do, use a neuralizer on the whole world? Prince was more famous than any of them. It was his only career, ever.

As for the williams sisters, what do you expect the wt to do, make some sort of public statment on their official status? Thats ridiculous. The can of worms that opens is massive and the reality is nobody outside the minor cult of jw’s gives one damn what religion they are let alone their official status in that cult.

Get over yourselves.

Its sad that kids in jwdm are discouraged from reaching whatever their full potential may be, but the ugly truth is many are discouraged, in all walks of life, from reaching their full potential. That why the greats are great. They focus and sacrifice to be great. It sucks and its ugly, but if you didnt sacrifice because you saw an “easier” way, a panda petting paradise, then you never would have been great.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Doubter:

It matters to JW's if she was baptized, all others will not get the subtle difference.

To outsiders, her faith is JW, whether she 'is' a JW or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit