You ..ARE NOT.. a true christian, if you don't believe Jesus IS God!

by gumby 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Ah........christianity at it's best!

http://www.witnessinc.com.

If you go to this site above......you will see this is a site maintained by former JW Duane Magnani.

On his page of what the "true gospel" is.......and what a"true christian" is.......he plainly states that if you do not believe Jesus is God himself.........you have nothing. He even proves all his points by cherry picking known modern scholars who will back him up! Now theres a reason to believe his way eh?

He has left dubdom who he condemns for not having the true Jesus..........to starting his own ministry which does exactly the same thing toward others who do not see the bible HIS WAY.

Perhaps Jesus, was not the wise man he is portrayed to be? He didn't seem to leave enough info. about himself, to eliminate stone throwing among his followers, concerning WHO he really was/is.

Gumby

• Sargon
    Sargon

Bang On Gumby!!

Perhaps Jesus, was not the wise man he is portrayed to be? He didn't seem to leave enough info. about himself, to eliminate stone throwing among his followers, concerning WHO he really was/is

It would appear too that his early followers obscured his message by destroying any accounts that didn't totally gel with their vision of Christ. People have been blindly following this incomplete account ever since.

Blessed are the cheesemakers!!

• amen
    amen

I do not think one should believe in trinity or think that Jesus is God to be saved. On reasoning with the bible, it does teach that Jesus is God, mainly because of what other people perceived of Jesus, on the other hand, the bible say clearly that Jesus is the son of God.

I do not think it matters much other wise the bible would clearly state it without reading between the lines.

Amen

• Enishi
    Enishi

I ran into several of these "anyone who doesn't believe in the Trinity is going to hell" exJWs several times on the Internet when I started questioning the Society. At first their arguements angered and worried me, now I find them to be a mere annoyance at best.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

There's no Jesus like show Jesus!!

• amac
    amac

Some people just never learn from their mistakes...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You are not a "true" trekkie, unless you believe that Captain Kirk was the best Captain ever. Belief in any other captain is heresy, and you will suffer eternal damnation. At least according to orthodox trekkism.

I, on the other hand, am a reformed trekkie, and follower of Captain Pickard.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

As annoying as these people are, they are getting something out of this. Here's my theory... They left the organization because it didn't fill a need. Evangelical christiandom does. Why? Well its very emotional getting filled with that holy spirit all the time. (My brother tried to describe it to me one time.) It sounded to me like a drug fix. They totally get euphoric. There's something about that euphoric feeling which they want to share with us all. You can't get it (read they couldn't get it) if you don't believe this "certain" way. So, logically then, they are blissful, they want you to be blissful. Anything less than this bliss and god will destroy you. (I didn't say it was GOOD logic.)

Knowing that it comes from this place (usually) where they truly do want to share this good thing, I don't let it get to me as much. It is still annoying and it totally underscores the religion as opium analogy to me.

Gretchen

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    true christian, if you don't believe Jesus IS God!

Ha... true? what does that mean, I wonder...after all, I cannot find anyone who can give solid evidence that Jesus even existed beyond some scholarly opinions and lots of people who have accepted it without much questioning.

I do not believe Jesus was God, I do not believe Jesus was Human.... I do not beileve Jesus was more than a character in a book and that I do out of honest examination of every bit of evidence I have found to date and if there is a god who damns people for being honest.... then I would not serve such a being anyway. F him!

as to the trinity debate: you would think that if it really mattered the bible would be crystal clear about it... its not like JWs invented the non-trinitarian point of view...it goes back before Arius to the foundation of recorded christian history...and there have always been groups around who thought the trinity a silly idea without biblical foundations.

13+ years out of JWs and I still find nothing compelling in the bible to show that Jesus was seen as God by the authors, certainly no one in the bible explicitly teaches such an absurd doctrine to anyone else in the bible.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf
    You are not a "true" trekkie, unless you believe that Captain Kirk was the best Captain ever. Belief in any other captain is heresy, and you will suffer eternal damnation. At least according to orthodox trekkism.

I, on the other hand, am a reformed trekkie, and follower of Captain Pickard.

This is heresy! Blasphemy I say! You are obviously under the influence of the Denebian Slime Devil and should be shot out of an airlock forthwith! Silverleaf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit